New to this site

(deactivated member)
on 3/30/14 9:20 pm - Canada
RNY on 04/16/14

Hi, I am new to this site and on Day 4 of the pre-op shake.  Day one was a nightmare, but now day 4 and all is good.....um well aside from the fact that I absolutely hate the taste of the shakes.  I find that I prefer the pre at 375ml water to shake and I have vanilla with Cherry MIO ( I could not swallow the chocolate).  I close my eyes and down each one.  Lemon sugar free Jello snacks when I feel a little hungry have helped.   Hoping things stay goog and I am looking forward to my surgery set for April 16th.  I welcome advise from anyone that you think is helpful!

Brad Special
Snowflake

on 3/30/14 10:56 pm
VSG on 12/06/12

Yeah I honestly thought the liquid diet was one the toughest part of my whole journey to get the surgery. I just became numb after a while and did not care about food right before the surgery. I wish you luck and also water can help with hunger.

(deactivated member)
on 3/30/14 11:07 pm
Kimberly K.
on 3/31/14 1:35 am
RNY on 03/21/14

Oh, yeah, that was the worst! Soldier through, it won't be long now. Once you are post op, you will still need shakes to help you meet your protein needs but they taste much better mixed with milk or soy (my preference). You can do it! You are almost there!

Kim K.    

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 3/31/14 3:23 am - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14 with

Does it have to be just shakes or just liquid with some protein in it? I know I have to be on the liquid diet, also a pre-op, but it isn't limited to just shakes, you might want to experiment with different protein shakes if that's what they want you to do, some shakes didn't taste good to me either but the choc peanut butter by body fortress is pretty tasty, broth is blah to me, I heard straining regular soups is more satisfying, I'm gonna try that next, and get some sugar free popsicles if you need something a little sweet, having some variety might help push you thru this liquid part, that's what I'm doing right now. Good luck!

Most Active