no more excuses to not exercise

glady
on 3/31/14 3:04 am, edited 3/31/14 3:07 am

I had trouble getting used to an exercise routine but i have found couple of work outs I like. The last two weeks I have had a streak of walking everday and YMCA group exercises. Yesterday I was raining heavily and I was so angry that I wouldn't get my walk or YMCA( dont drive so rain is ecpecialy annoying. I was mostly afraid that I would break my momentum. Its usually a down hill slide when I miss a work out or indulge in food I shouldn't.

Any ways it rained again today and this time I was so determined to not give in to excuses or give into that feeling in my heart to take the easy way and just go home. I was literaly cursing the rain with every step. Darn it i wasn't going  let it stop me this time. In reality I was cursing that old me that so desperately wants the familar safe confines of my room. I dont know how long the streak will last but im going take advantage of every second.

I walked a mile and a half in cold an rain. Got to the Y and did 20 mins on elliptical and then walked home which is another mile and a half. If your looking for some extra motivation the think about that old you that got you in this mess in the first place.  Pick a fight with it and be determined to win. That old you is a leach, an abusive partner.

F U to that part of myself. I use that anger to push me through and by the time I got home a little of the old me broke away and I saw a new stronger, stubborn me. Ahhh when I tell you I fought the whole way I mean it. NO NO NO rain is not a good enough reason to risk loosing what control over my life I have. HAAAAA I WON THIS BATTLE AND WILL WIN THE WAR!

12/30/13-RNY SW-277 GW-140  

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 3/31/14 3:12 am - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14 with

Good for you!, Congrats on the new you, if you can, get a bike so you can ride to the gym it might lessen the time spent out in the rain :) I know I hate working out in wet sneakers but if it got to my socks too I'm really ticked!, used to take out all that aggression on the weights, might as well get strong while I'm at it, keep up the good work!

glady
on 3/31/14 7:06 am

Bike seats hurt my big but lol. I use to get blisters when I was a kid. I like the long walk though

12/30/13-RNY SW-277 GW-140  

Dcgirl
on 3/31/14 7:22 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

That is so awesome!  I also was tempted to lay on the couch and watch tv yesterday in the cold rain but I dragged my ass to the gym for 1.5 hours and then came home and showered and caught up on my DVR :)  I was thinking "Who is this person?".  It felt so good, and I know what you mean...you have to keep the momentum going :)  Great job!!!

(deactivated member)
on 3/31/14 12:14 pm - GA

Wow, way to go. You seem to be winning the battle against you. Or should I say the old you. You are right rain is not a good enough reason. You delivered a good punch to the yesterday you. Stay determined. Seems like you are really headed in the right direction.

(deactivated member)
on 3/31/14 3:42 pm

Way to go girl.Congratulations. I tried also to lay on my bed whole day, eat junk foods, drink soda but I don't allow myself to do that. So, i have some motivations on my cellphone to remind me to workout everyday. I used to workout for almost 1half hour, do biking running.

Most Active