Pre-op diet

stejeda
on 4/1/14 6:43 am
VSG on 04/15/14

Hi everyone,

So I started my pre-op diet today and would like to know what did people have as their 1 meal, Im not used to eating healthy so I need ideas.

Kate -True Brit
on 4/2/14 12:47 am, edited 4/2/14 12:48 am - UK

Hasn't your doctor given you guidance? Some people are restricted to liquids, others shakes and one meal, others just healthy eating.

if the latter, this is the time to start to learn about healthy eating because whichever surgery you have (you don't say), you will need to eat healthily afterwards. So if you are not up to speed on this, sign up to something like MyFitnessPal and start logging. 

A healthy eating plan is, basically, lean protein and veggies with, for most people, a small amount of carbs (potato, pasta etc.). Avoid sugar, processed foods, things with flour, fried or very fatty foods. No sweetened drinks. 

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

on 4/2/14 3:46 am - Canada

I am on week 2 of my pre op diet.  I am on optifast 4 shakes a day.  The first 3 days were very hard but I am over the hump and it is easier now.  I cant believe how we aoutomaticly go to put something in our mouths.   I have been really strict with this.  I am only allowed sugar free jelly or low fat beef or chicken broth must be under 10 calories or cucumbers peppers celery and lettuce and I have not even gone there.  Just strictly the opti.  First week I lost 10 lbs  and yesterday I started week two.  So I am interested how much will come off this week.  I often find myself going to lick my finger or go to reach for something to put in my mouth ehen I am making my Hubby his lunch or supper.  Anyways I could ramble on for hrs so good luck to you.  Val :-)

Most Active