Say hello and introduce yourself!

Sarahlicious
on 3/31/14 12:04 pm - Portsmouth, OH

Oh my, were were symptoms sudden onset or had you had persistent problems. You are not the only person to have issues. Glad you are doing better now.

I have Lipedema and Lymphedema. I also have a passion for Obesity and Health Insurance Advocacy

Blog: born2lbfat.com Facebook: Born2lbFat Twitter: @born2lbfat

Hislady
on 4/1/14 3:37 am - Vancouver, WA

Actually they kind of came and went, first it was getting tighter so eventually had it emptied. Then it was good for a couple of years but started getting tighter again until I had trouble swallowing and a horrible pain up under my rib cage. So last month when I was in the hospital for heart issues (rapid heart beat may have also been from the band) I told them to get it out. My insurance who doesn't cover bariatric surgery is denying the cost so will have to appeal and of course may end up still hsving to pay for it, but I couldn't take the pain anymore!

Ms Shell
on 4/1/14 8:56 am - Hawthorne, CA

OMG the band is OUT =) 

cheyenne000
on 3/31/14 11:32 am
VSG on 03/25/16

1) Where are you in your weight loss surgery journey?

I am 5 years out with a Lapband  lost 95 pounds.

2) Any goals that you're currently working on?

Had a 20 pound gain and working on getting that back off

3) What words of wisdom would you share with others?

Take one day at a time and set short term goals

Lapband - Jan 2009 weight goal reached with lapband. Revised to VSG- 1/25/16

Sarahlicious
on 3/31/14 11:08 pm - Portsmouth, OH

Ah yes...the 5 year mark seems to be a challenge...keep up the good work!

I have Lipedema and Lymphedema. I also have a passion for Obesity and Health Insurance Advocacy

ANewMe79
on 3/31/14 12:38 pm

Hi -

I just had surgery on Thursday, 3/27(Sleeve).  So far I'm a little discouraged because I have been battling nausea and fear.  The fear is just worrying I'm not going to drink enough or maybe drink too much? I am working through it.

Goals, I just want to feel semi-normal before I go back to work next week.

Wordsof wisdoms, there is a reason I went through months of appointments and tests, this will be worth it!

(deactivated member)
on 3/31/14 1:31 pm
VSG on 03/04/14 with

1) Where are you in your weight loss surgery journey? How are you doing so far?

I was sleeved almost a month ago, and I'm almost ready to start regular food! I think I'm doing ok. I haven't really had any complications, so I guess I'm lucky there. My consultation weight was 342 last August, and I wish I could figure out how to get this ticker thing to show that!

2) Any goals that you're currently working on? (weight, health or life related)

Goals have been a real trap for me, so for now I'm not setting any. I'm just going to take it one day at a time.

3) What words of wisdom would you share with others?

No words of wisdom from me, I'm too new. But I'm glad I found this place. My nutritionist recommended it to me at my first postop appoinment. I think it will really help.

Sarahlicious
on 4/8/14 11:08 pm - Portsmouth, OH

One day at a time is good advice!

Sarahlicious
on 3/31/14 11:10 pm - Portsmouth, OH

Small sips often...keep a cup near you and just sip sip sip.

Hope you work environment is one where you can take it easy if needed....

louloubelle
on 4/1/14 2:42 am
VBG on 01/09/10 with

Hi! I'm a OLD time sleever, I promise it gets better! Stay focused!! Drink small bits, try ice pops for liquid. It is the BEST thing I have ever done in my life. I admit I had it super easy, but I do remember how hard it was the first weeks, you can do it!! Have faith in your self! 

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1323 views