Say hello and introduce yourself!

bus377
on 4/8/14 12:08 pm - TX

I am three years out come June I had the sleeve. I am battling the water issue from day one bad kidney /bladder makes my doctor scream drink, drink, drink.  and I do and did caution : all water will stretch your stomach back out I don't care how you sip or melt ice cubes it is water and when you drink the amount your Dr tells you too, it causes stretching. I am Algernon now. If you haven't done so watch it or read it Flowers for Algernon. I have lost more than I weigh now. I lost 160 LBS. And weight 143. I have never been this thin in my life even when I was 12 I weighed 165 lbs. So I learned so far Men are Jerks no matter what size you are, only care about their welfare, and have no manners no matter how old they get. I also know women can be very unkind. I haven't changed but they seem to have changed for the worse. Some who use to appear to be my friend will not even talk to me anymore. I am having eating issues that are somewhat overwhelming. I can't seem to get enough food in me. I eat small amounts but I eat them all the time. so caution to you and love sent for your journey. I don't know what I expected. I know I found an abundance of energy and health as never before. I can run, play chase, run with mu horses walk far and laugh often. That's my Journey with the sleeve in a brief. Stay strong, Stay focused, Stay true to yourself. Eat less live longer be happy.

Sarahlicious
on 4/9/14 12:04 am - Portsmouth, OH

Stay true to yourself are good words of wisdom. It is difficult when you find out friends were not who they appeared to be. I like to focus on quality friends even if it means only having a few. Also have to learn to just be comfortable by yourself, I dine out, travel, etc by myself...I like ...I'm fun to be around. 

I have Lipedema and Lymphedema. I also have a passion for Obesity and Health Insurance Advocacy

Blog: born2lbfat.com Facebook: Born2lbFat Twitter: @born2lbfat

bus377
on 4/9/14 5:01 am - TX

LOL! I am fun to be around too! I think!. Got a tremendous hug from a fellow coworker the other day and she said I am so proud of you, you look so good, and you have more energy than my teen son. I can not tell you enough how great that felt. I am trucking on and enjoying life. 

Cathy W.
on 3/31/14 1:57 pm

Hey Sarah - Great post.  Here's mine:

1.  I am 13 years post-op RNY.  I'm doing okay.  I'm struggling with anemia but taking new Iron supplements before infusions.  Even though I have been compliant with my vitamins since having surgery, I have some dental issues that my dentist believes are probably from being this long post-op.  I'm grateful for my surgery every day.

2.  I'm up a few pounds that I'm trying to get rid of.  Focusing on eating more healthfully - fruits and veggies, less processed junk. 

3.  My words of wisdom would be to change your lifestyle and not take your health for granted.  It is more than weight loss, it is really about our health now and long-term.  After I had surgery, weight loss was my focus.  Now that I'm 13 years post-op, my focus is my health.  Vitamins are mandatory.  Just because your labs might be within the normal range now, that doesn't mean they always will.  Get labs taken once a year.  View exercise as a "get to" instead of a "have to" habit.  Our bodies are meant to move.  As far as food, eat for health.  If you don't want your children (or grandchildren, etc.) to eat it, then don't eat it yourself. 

*LIKE* this thread! 

Sarahlicious
on 3/31/14 11:27 pm - Portsmouth, OH

Hey Kathy...you're a post-op TEEN. 

I have Lipedema and Lymphedema. I also have a passion for Obesity and Health Insurance Advocacy

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 3/31/14 2:02 pm - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

1.  102 days post op.  I started my preop diet in November,  and I'm down 93 pounds since then. Also 123 pounds down from my highest weight. 

2.  My biggest goal is to lose enough weight so that my knee isn't in constant pain.  I find that exercise is strengthening my legs muscles and the pain has decreased. I dream about hiking in the mountains. 

3.  Don't make excuses.  Remember why you chose to have WLS and keep it as your priority.  Listen to people on OH who has been successful in the LONG TERM and follow their advice. 

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

Sarahlicious
on 3/31/14 11:28 pm - Portsmouth, OH

What exercises are you doing to help your knee? I know knee pain is an issue for many and limit activity.

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 4/1/14 1:08 am - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

I bought a recumbent bike.  It puts no pressure on my knees like walking does. I use hand weights while on the bike to increase the intensity and work my upper body.

Once the weather warms up, I'll be able to work out in our pool as well. It's not heated so that's not a possibility until the sun cooperates.

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

Scarlette B.
on 3/31/14 2:57 pm - TX
RNY on 03/20/14

1) Where are you in your weight loss surgery journey? How are you doing so far?

My name is scarlette.. i am 11 days post op from the RNY. i am down 30 pounds from the pre op diet to now.

2) Any goals that you're currently working on? (weight, health or life related)

Staying true to the program and getting a plan together to return to work while successfully eating on plan

3) What words of wisdom would you share with others?

Resolve will set you free

LilySlim Weight loss tickers  

Sarahlicious
on 3/31/14 11:30 pm - Portsmouth, OH

Will you have access to a refrigerator at work? If not get a really good insulated lunch bag, I love the Igloo fashion ones. Check out Eggface blog for some ideas for easy lunches to pack...see her Bento posts.

Most Active