Say hello and introduce yourself!

Sarahlicious
on 4/9/14 12:11 am - Portsmouth, OH

Awesome on being of the medication! That's a life save and money saver! And good luck on your 5K. Have you selected which one? There seem to be so many themed ones now to make it fun.

I have Lipedema and Lymphedema. I also have a passion for Obesity and Health Insurance Advocacy

Blog: born2lbfat.com Facebook: Born2lbFat Twitter: @born2lbfat

Gwen M.
on 4/1/14 2:10 am
VSG on 03/13/14

1) Where are you in your weight loss surgery journey? How are you doing so far?  I'm in my third week post-op!  I'm doing super well.  Life is peachy.  I'm working up to being able to eat three ounce meals so I can cut out shakes.  Although I have a feeling I'll have to work up to it again once I finish with pureed foods.  It's been a challenging process to get all the timing right since I'm a homemaker with a really wonky schedule!

2) Any goals that you're currently working on? (weight, health or life related) I'm still at the point where I'm just trying to get back to normal - not with eating, just with living.  I've been resuming my normal activities and it's nice to be getting back into the swing of things.  

3) What words of wisdom would you share with others? Keep your eyes on the prize.  That makes all the hassle so much easier.  

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Sarahlicious
on 4/9/14 12:17 am - Portsmouth, OH

Just do rush trying to get back to normal activities...and your body will fool you....you'll feel fine...then try and do something like grocery shopping and you find yourself back in the dairy aisle and want to lay down for a nap.

I have Lipedema and Lymphedema. I also have a passion for Obesity and Health Insurance Advocacy

Gwen M.
on 4/9/14 3:04 am
VSG on 03/13/14

Haha, yes, I know what you mean!

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

louloubelle
on 4/1/14 2:35 am
VBG on 01/09/10 with

Hi, I am a sleeve patient.

I'm going on 5 yrs with my tool.

I feel horrible about taking this long to check in on the site. When I saw this email reminder, I knew it was telling me it was time. This site is a wonderful tool, in so many ways it helped me as I'm sure it has 1000 others. I'm sorry that I didn't do as well helping other newbies like so many did for me.

1) Where are you in your weight loss surgery journey? How are you doing so far?

again I am almost 5 yrs out. This has surgery has changed my life in countless ways. 

First with the positive...I started out at 206 (I think, I can't even remember that life) I now range from 117-130 My perfect weight for me and my body is at 119-121.

Odd, numbers for some to understand but for me, that is my weights I feel the best at. I am at 130 right now, because of my food choices. But saying that I know how to use my tool and get back to where I need to be. I never allow myself to go above 130.

I'm one of those bad ones, I don't exercise..unless you count my every day job/life where I'm on the go 100%. I lost my weight so fast with out trying but I did everything by the book for the first 2 yrs or so. At this stage, I don't recall everything, I don't know that old person any more.

I have to tell you all, I'm a closet sleever, my husband and mom are the ONLY 2 people in my life that know I did this. I'm not going into the reasons, If my personal blog at the early stages is still on here (not sure) haven't looked yet...I had my reasons back then..That being said, it makes for a lot of un happy people in my life...ones that can't or couldn't except the new me. Didn't understand why this time I have kept my weight off...I have lost a lot of friends, (who I say were never my friends), have had a lot of family that just don't get me...I know it's my own fault, and I could change it by telling everyone now yrs later, but again for my own reasons I won't. I have learned to except my choice and the choices friends and family have made about me. The people that like me, are the ones that never knew the old me. Bottom line is I'm happy, I love the new me. I'm healthier my family is healthier, and I'm a better person to be around. 

2) Any goals that you're currently working on? (weight, health or life related)

I'm working on helping my family to eat right. I help my teen children to make right food choices, and exercise. I know thats calling the kettle black since I don't "do" a certain exercise. I do walk, I use to run but my knees aren't great. And My husband and I golf when it's in season. So I'm far from lazy. 

I try to be a better person. When I hear people talk about over weight people it still hurts me, that part of the old me never has gone far. I'm sure countless others who have lost weight will say the same thing...some part of you never really sees the thin new you, as others do.

3) What words of wisdom would you share with others?

I would tell others, that my husband and I spent all the money out of pocket to do this for me. That I have the most incredible husband on the face of the earth because even tho he saw the beautiful person I was at my old weight I never did, that I am confident in my skin and I am so happy, with me and the way I see the new world. That with out my surgery I wouldn't be the person I am, and I wouldn't be able to do my job I do, and will continue to do until my husband and I are lucky enough to retire. I think If you can make this surgery work, you will be happy you did it. I was one of the lucky ones that never had a problem. I love my Dr. He did incredible job and I would say go check him out.  Be happy, I am more than happy with my new life, and I don't even think about the old me any more. Hope this helps just one person out there! 

Sarahlicious
on 4/9/14 12:20 am - Portsmouth, OH

Like you said you are active even if it's not "exercise" it's activity...there is a lot of walking in golf...heck even put put is a workout for me...bending over all those times to get my ball. =D

Dani96
on 4/1/14 2:39 am - Fallbrook, CA

1) Where are you in your weight loss surgery journey? How are you doing so far?

My weight loss surgery saved my life. I am happy with the results. I had my surgery in 1996 and it is easy to forget what it took to get where I am today.  I met real nice people from OH and we are still friends to this day.

My goal is to make sure I stay focused and make sure I take my daily vitamins no matter what.

It is so easy to take life for granted.  To stay focused I am always reaching out to help others.

dani

Sarahlicious
on 4/9/14 12:23 am - Portsmouth, OH

Great advice. Too many take life for granted, it's hard to get caught up in day to day stuff and not stop to enjoy what we have.

Kathy S.
on 4/1/14 3:49 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Hey Sarah!  

1.)  I had WLS in 2004 after taking 18 months to get up the nerve to follow through.  I was in my 40's and the doctor said I would be dead in 5 years if I did not have this surgery.  Happy to share I am well (cough, cough) pass the 5 year mark.  As all the Vets have posted, it gets harder and harder every year, but can be done.  

2.)  My goal is to be dancing at my 1st grand baby's wedding.  There is no question if I had not had the surgery I would not have been here to meet my little angel.  Now that face is worth eating clean and working out, don't you agree?  

3.)  Make sure you get it right between  your ears before you re-arrange the plumbing

Have a clear vision of your eating and working out (just move) plan before surgery

Make a bucket list of all you want to do after weight loss. Come on, dream big!  This will be a great motivator if you hit a speed bump during losing weight and throughout your life.

Have support systems in place for the rest of your life

Use that first year/honeymoon phase to practice how you are going to live the REST of your life!

Everything in moderation!  Yes you can eat birthday cake again, a bite or two not the entire thing.

Enjoy the time the gift of WLS has given you.  Don't **** it away!  

Shelly, beach houses are expensive want a room mate to share cost?  

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

Sarahlicious
on 4/9/14 12:24 am - Portsmouth, OH

Right....we have to work on changing our thinking as much as we want to work on changing our bodies!

Most Active