Gaining.....Derailed

TIESHA4J
on 3/31/14 1:41 pm

I haven't been on here in awhile. I had my surgery in 2009, I was 357 pre op and today I am 283.7. I am so depressed and I feel like I failed. I really need some encouragement. Has anyone post op ever taking adipex p?

Cknymom
on 3/31/14 2:39 pm

I know how you feel!   Let's do this.  We can!   Back on track now.   So frustrating

Laura in Texas
on 3/31/14 7:34 pm

Stop making excuses. Track your food somewhere like myfitnesspal. Weigh or measure your portions. Limit your calories to 1000-1200 for a few weeks and see what that does. Most importantly, forgive yourself and move forward from here. You can do this but you have to chose to do it. Good luck.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Amy W.
on 3/31/14 11:18 pm - Buckeye, AZ
Awe (HUGS) A lot of people have regain. All that matters is that you realize you want to make a change and you are capable of it. Start small, changing little by little (or it becomes too overwhelming). Track your food intake in the MyFitnessPal app (or the website online if you don't have a smart phone), and just start taking daily walks. I swear by walking! It's low-impact, easy to do, and actually makes a difference. You can do it!

5" 7' -  HW: 328 Current: I stay around 155 :) 
"...Because when you stop and look around, this life is pretty amazing."

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 3/31/14 11:51 pm - OH

I have a friend who had some regain and went back on Adipex.  It wasn't any more useful after his RNY than it was before.  When he got serious about what he was eating, the weight started dropping off again.

You have only failed when you give up and allow the 283 pounds to go even higher.  Get serious about what you are eating (track your food, and measure your portions) and forget the drugs.  If the drugs could control the weight long term, so many people wouldn't need surgery. 

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Cathy W.
on 4/1/14 3:15 am

You're reaching out!  That is the first step. 

You've caught it before the 283 pounds goes higher.  You can make the decision that it ends today.

Weight regain isn't a failure because it happens to many of us.  You aren't alone in that at all. 

Make the decision to get back on track.  Go back to what worked for you to lose your weight.  True you had the benefits of the surgery newer post-op but you still have your surgical tool. 

When getting back on track, make a list of habits that you've picked up that have caused weight regain.  As an example, are you grazing, drinking liquid during meals, eating too many simple carbs, not exercising, etc?  Take one of those things and focus on it for 21 days (21 days is how long it takes to change a habit).  Then take the next habit and focus on that.  Before long, you've built up momentum and you're on track again.

Don't think of yourself as failing.  As long as you're trying and stay aware of your behaviors and habits, you aren't failing.  The only time you fail is if you give up.  Don't give up.  You lost once and you can do it again.  Please, remember that.

Most Active