Question for the Ladies

Danni1782
on 4/1/14 3:00 pm - Cleveland, TN

Hi everyone. I am 3 weeks post op after having RNY. I have had the Mireana IUD since my son was born and haven't had a period since December 2012. That has been wonderful by the way. Anywho, I started bleeding today. I'm not sure if one has anything to do with the other but just thought I'd ask if you or anyone you know has had this happen to them. Wondering if this is normal or if I should be concerned. Thanks for your help.

My FB WLS Support Group - Come join me!   

https://www.facebook.com/groups/supportwithWLS/

Julia HasHerLifeNow
on 4/1/14 4:36 pm
VSG on 10/09/12

I had the mirena for 14 years before my VSG and hadn't had a period that whole time. Two days after the VSG....period. I even asked my surgeon if I was bleeding from my bladder because the idea of a period was so remote from my brain. I am a year and a half post VSG and now have pretty regular periods albeit less heavy, still with my Mirena.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com 5ft0; highest weight 222; surgery weight 208; current weight 120

mmnishik
on 4/1/14 11:30 pm
with

I am glad you posted this, as i am still pre-op and have the mireana.... this sucks if it's what will happen.  I LOVE not having a period. I just found the one negative to the surgery :P

Single mom to 2 girls! Love them <3

Danni1782
on 4/2/14 1:34 am - Cleveland, TN

Yeah I'm pretty bummed about it. One club I was happy to be out of lol. From what I've been reading online, seems like it happens to a lot of people. At least I feel better to know its pretty common so I'm not so freaked out about it now. Hopefully having the IUD will at least make them lighter and shorter. I hope. :-)

Dcgirl
on 4/2/14 1:58 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Oh nooooo ladies!  I am almost 4 months out from RNY and getting Mirena in two days!  I have been praying for no period and it sounds like perhaps because of the RNY I will still have one!  UGH!  Fingers crossed!

Danni1782
on 4/2/14 2:02 am - Cleveland, TN

Ha ha. DcGrl I will keep ,my fingers crossed for you. I'm hoping its a temporary thing. Guess we just have to wait and see. Oh and just some friendly advice, make sure you take some Tylenol or something before you go.

Dcgirl
on 4/2/14 2:19 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Thanks, Danni!  I will be taking a couple of Tylenol and a Xanax or two - I am having someone drive me so I can be zoned out :)  I am extremely freaked out about the pain but the thought of five years with no TOM or a light TOM is enough to propel me to the gyno!

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 4/2/14 2:25 am
RNY on 08/05/19

At least you know about the pain in advance; I had no idea and HOLY SNARF that was ridiculous. I had cramps for about two days, but Advil helped, and I used a heating pad to get through the worst of it. (Alternately, putting a cat on your lap works really well!)

Ask your gyno if they can do some lidocaine (gel or shot) on your cervix in advance, I've heard that it will make it tons easier. But either way, I was TOTALLY willing to put up with two days of soreness to get YEARS of no more "Shark Week" (as I used to refer to it)!!

Nerdy Little Secret (#42) - Derby Strong!
VSG 2013, lost 150lb - RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD

Dcgirl
on 4/2/14 2:31 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

One friend (who knows what a baby I am) said "Ummm it's not that bad" and another friend (who is always brutally honest) said "It hurts like HOLY *** and then a minute later it hurts like HOLY *** again...and then you have cramps".

Hence the two Xanax.  Well, they are actually Clonzapam that I got illegally in Nicaragua last year, but same difference, right? ;)  Thanks for the tip on the lidocaine.  I'm pretty freaked out.  But having gone through RNY I figured I can "man up" and do it.

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 4/2/14 2:49 am
RNY on 08/05/19

All the benzo's work pretty much the same-- Klonopin (what you've got), Ativan, Xanax, etc. (I have a standing script since I have BP and get panic attacks when I'm manic.) You'll be OK :)

Nerdy Little Secret (#42) - Derby Strong!
VSG 2013, lost 150lb - RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD

Most Active
Recent Topics