9 days post op depression?

Amy A.
on 4/2/14 10:19 pm - The Colony, TX

Hi all! 

Im 9 days post op and starting yesterday I woke up wanting to cry and feeling sad and having a smudge of anxiety. This morning I woke up feeling the same way and am headed back to work. My mom came and stayed the week with me and left Tuesday. I guess it's all just hitting me? And the wow factor of what I did....has anyone else had this issue? Thanks for your help! 

Kate -True Brit
on 4/2/14 10:33 pm - UK

Click on the magnifying glass to access the search facility and type in buyers' remorse! Many people feel like this in the first few weeks. It will pass! 

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

JJ0609
on 4/2/14 10:51 pm

Congratulations on your surgery. You will be so excited once you can begin eating (which will be soon). Make sure you are drinking enough water and protein shakes, taking your vitamins, and exercising daily. This will help with the depression as well as keeping you out of the hospital. You need to make sure you are taking care of yourself. Try focusing on that and you will not have time to be depressed because you will be spending time thinking about what and how much you need to eat and drink and exercise. Plus you said you are back at work so that is half of your day. Focus on what you are doing and need to do and the depression will subside.

A lot of people go through this-it is somewhat normal due to all the hormone changes and body changes. I am here anytime.

“Let someone love you just the way you are – as flawed as you might be, as unattractive as you sometimes feel, and as unaccomplished as you think you are. To believe that you must hide all the parts of you that are broken, out of fear that someone else is incapable of loving what is less than perfect, is to believe that sunlight is incapable of entering a broken window and illuminating a dark room.”― Marc Hack

Ht:5'4 SW:268 CW:127.2 GW:125 RNY 06/09 Stomach/colon revision 11/13  

SandieMc49
on 4/2/14 11:18 pm
On April 3, 2014 at 5:19 AM Pacific Time, amyadamstx wrote:

Hi all! 

Im 9 days post op and starting yesterday I woke up wanting to cry and feeling sad and having a smudge of anxiety. This morning I woke up feeling the same way and am headed back to work. My mom came and stayed the week with me and left Tuesday. I guess it's all just hitting me? And the wow factor of what I did....has anyone else had this issue? Thanks for your help! 

Oh sweetie, yes yes yes, it is normal to feel like that.  It's normal to feel like you're on an emotional roller coaster for quite a while actually.  As you progress through different phases of weight loss, you'll be feeling a whole bunch of different emotions.  And, believe me, you won't understand the most of them!

Of all the things I WAS prepared for after WLS, the emotional impact was something I wasn't prepared for.  If you even want to message me privately - please feel free to do that.  You're gonna be fine.

Sandie

Cathy W.
on 4/3/14 12:34 am

What you're experiencing is very common.  It is physical, hormones crashing like ocean waves and some emotional.  You've changed your relationship with food.  It really hit me hard and if felt as though I was grieving. 

At times it will feel like an emotional roller coaster.  It is all part of the process and in a positive way.  I hope it makes it a bit easier knowing it is part of the process and that we've all been there too. 

Keep posting so we can support you.  Congrats on your surgery.

Amy A.
on 4/3/14 4:09 am - The Colony, TX

THANK YOU EVERYONE! I am so releived to hear this! I fully intend to participate in support groups at my doctor's office every month and the next one is in two weeks! I apprecaite the help! I was starting to feel crazy that I was becoming emotional over silly things! I truly appreciate everyone's response. THANKS AGAIN!

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1421 views