What are your favorite WOW moments?

Cathy W.
on 4/4/14 3:43 am

Last night I had a WOW moment.  Reading about another member's WOW moment helped me reach mine last night. 

Let's pay it forward for motivation to each other by posting our favorite WOW moments.

Cathy W.
on 4/4/14 3:51 am

I'll start with my WOW moment from last night.

One of my kids brought home a box of Girl Scout cookies.  Thin Mints no less.  I haven't eaten Girl Scout cookies in a long time.  I loved them but had to stop buying them.  Then, last night, here they were again.  My mind was racing telling myself I could just have a couple but I know better.  There are some things I can have in moderation and there are some things that I just can't.  Girl Scout cookies are one of those things that I just can't.  In the process of the tug-of-war that was going on in my head, I remembered reading a post from another member talking about her WOW moment.

From remembering that post, I DID NOT eat a Girl Scout cookie.  I walked away.  My health and healthy habits that I've developed and practice are worth much more than a cookie, even a Thin Mint.  In fact, I'm more than that.  I was able to Just Say NO! 

Thankfully, they are gone today but this is a WOW moment that really means a lot to me today.

Tracy D.
on 4/4/14 5:21 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

Symbolically high-fiving you across the miles lady -- that is AWESOME!  

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

Cathy W.
on 4/4/14 5:57 am

Thanks for your high-five and support.  I'll remember it the next time I ever encounter a GS cookie. 

Ladytazz
on 4/4/14 3:58 am

My biggest Wow moment was about a year out when I first rode my bike 10 miles.  Considering that a year earlier I could barely take a shower and get dressed that felt like a miracle.  My latest was actually last night, after I finished cleaning my carpets for the first time in the 5 years I have lived here.  I have been on a Spring cleaning jag for nearly a month.  It hit me that I hadn't had the energy for a long time to even pick up after myself, much less clean.  It got so out of hand that it overwhelmed me so I did nothing.  I even paid for help but then let it go again.  I love having a clean house but I just didn't have the motivation to do any cleaning.  I was too embarrassed to even think about having company.  Now I am cleaning everyday, taking care of things that have been long neglected, cleaning out the shed, under the sinks, closets and drawers.  I didn't know I had it in me.  I know I couldn't have done this much before surgery because I didn't.  For the first time in years I feel like a normal person who can go to work and spend my days off cleaning my home.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

Cathy W.
on 4/4/14 4:11 am

Those are huge WOW moments! 

Isn't it awesome to have cleaning house as a WOW moment.  Sometimes people take things such as cleaning your house and just straightening up for granted as a no big deal but it is.  The next time that I clean my house, I'm going to remember your WOW moment too.  It is an extension of taking care of ourselves too.

10 miles on a bike ride is great.

Lastly, feeling like a normal person is an amazing WOW moment.  Thanks for sharing yours!

Shannon L.
on 4/4/14 4:14 am - streator, IL

I think mine was when my youngest son put his legs all the way around me when I picked him up....This was when I was a few months post op.

247/237/145 ~ currently @ 180

Cathy W.
on 4/4/14 5:58 am

Awww, that is a great WOW and Mommy moment.  A sweet double one.  That's definitely one to remember.  Big congrats on yours!

ididabadbadthing
on 4/4/14 11:19 am - TN

Mine was when I first saw Tom Selleck in his Red Ferrari 

OH you meant our journey to lose weight and eat healthy, my bad  

Running a 5 k and when I thought I was wearing a size 8 and found it I was actually a size 0.  I really did not think the human body could be that small.  I have put on a few pounds since then but that WOW moment I will take to my grave!

sassyscorpio
on 4/4/14 6:22 pm, edited 4/4/14 6:22 pm

Mine was filling out an online dating profile. I asked my personal trainer which box I should choose. I was n considering the average box. I was going to choose " a few extra lbs." My trainer asked me if I was crazy.

band 12-29-06     revision  to sleeve  Alberto Aceves  4-29-09

I love my sleeve!!

Lost 107 lbs and maintaining

Posted Image

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1459 views