Primary care

Bb0316
on 4/4/14 3:55 pm

Hi. Wondering if anyone knows if a good Primary Care Dr in the Warwick area.  I haven't bern to a Dr. In years because I'm embarrassed of how out if control my weight has gotten. Also, I want them to be able to accommodate my size.  I'm close to 400 lbs.  I just don't to feel ashamed. I recently went to the ER bc I thought I was having a heart attack, come to find out its anxiety.  If I could find a Dr to care about my life and not criticize i  really think it could help me. Thank you!!!    

Hislady
on 4/5/14 3:24 am - Vancouver, WA

Try posting this on your state forum, you may get more answers that way. Also asking friends is another good way to find a primary doc, good luck to you.

Cunning_Pam
on 4/5/14 3:32 am
RNY on 12/18/13

Hello, and welcome to the forums. There are at least five cities or towns called Warwick in the US, it may help if you post which state you're in. Checking with the state forum is a good thing to try as well, but most of those forums seem to be pretty dead these days. Do you have private insurance? Most insurances have a provider directory, or even a web page which helps you find providers. You can also try Googling various physicians in the area to see if they have reviews that indicate their friendliness toward obese patients.

Keep in mind that you are the client, and it's perfectly acceptable for you to make an appointment to 'interview' a doctor to see how you click with him or her. In addition, remember that your relationship with your physician can change over time. When I first met my doctor, I thought she was brusque, formal and rather uncaring. However, now that we've known each other for a couple of years she's been one of my biggest cheerleaders of my WLS journey. And once I took off my oversensitive glasses, I realized that she never judged me for my size, but rather was concerned about my health and factual.

I hope you find what you need. Good luck!

Surgery: RNY on 12/18/2013 with Jay M. Snow, MD            "Don't mistake my kindness for weakness." - Robert Herjavec, quoting Al Capone

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1080 views