6 Day on my Pre-Op Diet

spkz007
on 4/5/14 11:18 pm - Bay City, MI
RNY on 04/10/14

I'm into the final stages of my Pre-Op Diet. I am so glad I cut back before hitting that diet. Its still hard to do but makes it a little easier. Especially from day 1 thru 3. After that it eases up. Going in on April 10th for my RNY. I had a lap band 4 1/2 years a go that went bad on me so I getting the RNY instead. Second time through bariatric surgery doesn't make it any easier on nerves. I know this is going to be good for me, but I just pray I can get the rest of the weight off and keep it off.

Mac333
on 4/5/14 11:32 pm
VSG on 04/24/14 with

I think your right about slowing down before the pre op diet. My  pre op starts in 11days but I am also slowing  down now and trying to include more liquid and protein. 

I am sorry to hear you had all the trouble with the band ...but that seems to be a common theme on these forums. I am wishing a great outcome  with your RNY . I am sure a 2nd surgery is nerve wracking but it sounds like you are really are focused on improving your health.

My prayers for a great outcome!

Mac    HW  234   SW   204.8   CW   190     M1  

" The favors of the Lord are not exhausted,His merices are not spent; they are renewed every morning so great is His faithfulness"     

Lamentations 3:22-23

MrsD68
on 4/6/14 12:10 am

Wondering why some people have to have such a long liquid diet. I am having RNY on Tuesday next week, and the Dr. told me, 24 hours......

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 4/6/14 1:55 am - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14 with

Wow, 24hours?, I was told the reason for such a long liquid diet pre-op was to de-fatty the liver, ultimately it was to make the surgery safer. The only reason I can think of for the various time periods would be because of the type of surgery & the patients health/bmi b4 surgery, there are probably other reasons, check with the surgeon.

Cunning_Pam
on 4/6/14 3:03 am
RNY on 12/18/13

Different surgeons have different requirements. I had a one week no-calorie clear liquid diet before my surgery, for instance. It varies by practice, and even by patient: my surgeon's practice sometimes has people on the same diet but for two weeks, for example. The important thing is to follow YOUR particular doctor's plan, though.

Surgery: RNY on 12/18/2013 with Jay M. Snow, MD            "Don't mistake my kindness for weakness." - Robert Herjavec, quoting Al Capone

Castine1234
on 4/7/14 11:50 am
RNY on 05/06/14

I saw my surgeon today and he wants me to do a 30 day liquid diet.  Reason is my liver is large.  Some people who are obese have non-alcoholic fatty liver disease.  I guess I picked the short straw!  My surgery is May 6th.

spkz007
on 4/9/14 2:36 am - Bay City, MI
RNY on 04/10/14

ITs to shrink the liver so you have a safer surgery.

spkz007
on 4/9/14 2:35 am - Bay City, MI
RNY on 04/10/14

Thank you. Going in tomorrow!

MrsD68
on 4/9/14 5:04 am

YAY good for you.. it sucks to have to do another surgery... but your DOING it.... I don't have a fatty liver, so I guess that is the ONLY part of me that is not!! LOL

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 4/6/14 1:57 am - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14 with

Good luck, hope things turn out better for you this time around. :)

Most Active