Head Hunger

stimmons120
on 4/7/14 12:11 pm

Hello,  I am new on here.  I was banded in Dec 2004 till Oct 2012 when I had a revision to the sleeve after my band developed some leeks and complications.  Being over a year out I am down from 249 to 187 and have been struggling now for awhile with head hunger.  My job is very sedentary where I sit for 12 hours a day and at times it gets to a point where I get a little bored and want to eat or find myself grabbing for some unhealthy snack.  Can anyone tell me what I can do to prevent this from happening or help me with it??  I need to get the scale moving the opposite direction (down)...   

MrsD68
on 4/7/14 8:47 pm

I have seen others talk about sipping tea, there are many flavors, and the heat will stop you from drinking too fast... it can help anyways... Good luck!

Tina G.
on 4/8/14 2:45 am - Peterborough, Canada
RNY on 04/14/14

Hi there, I agree with the other post, I am pre op  surgery on the 14th for the rny. But when I get hungry I have a hot tea, seems to do the trick or a cup od diluted low sodium broth. But the two best ways to get that weight off is exercise and PROTEIN. Good luck you can do it!

MrsD68
on 4/9/14 6:07 am

Good luck Tina.. my surgery is the day after yours.. I am having an RNY also.. but only had to do 24 hours of clear liquids..

Most Active