FITNESS PAL????????1430 calories are you kidding me!!!!!

jameas
on 4/7/14 12:28 pm

So I am NOT losing and my NUT does not get it and Fitness Pal I thought I will try it everyone says it works I am now eating less than 1000 calories a day, 50 carbs, 80 protein and 4 bottles of water,I write down every bite, put in all my facts 9FITNESS pal) and it tells me to EAT 1430 calories a day??????? Are you kidding me, what the heck, how is this helping me??????? PLEASE advise!

Hislady
on 4/7/14 1:20 pm - Vancouver, WA

Obviously they are designed for "normies", but they are still beneficial for the rest of us to keep track of what and how much we eat and exercise. You just have to ignore the calorie aspect or ask your surgeon how many calories he wants you to eat. Even if you only use it to keep track of protein, carbs, water and exercise it is still a good tool, nothing is perfect. I don't really concern myself with the calories, I just track protein, fluid and sodium (heart issues). Use what you need and ignore the rest.

MrsLitch
on 4/7/14 4:08 pm - Morris, IL
RNY on 06/04/12

it's not created for people who have had wls, it's really that simple. Honestly though you may need to eat more or different, how far out are you from what surgery?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

5' 3" - HW: 244 SW:234  GW:120 LW: 107 CW:110 Made goal 3/16/13!    

dragonlove
on 4/8/14 6:40 am
RNY on 11/20/13

In Fitness Pal you can set your own values for the calories and everything else.  I've got mine set to 800 calories with a certain percentage from Protein.  Then I don't have to deal with always adjusting to MY values from what they say I have remaining.  I don't specifically count calories, but it helps me to see when I get close to 800 or above because that helps ring a bell for me that I've made some choices that day higher in fat than I should have.  Good luck!

Pam (RNY: 11/20/2013)

marymo362
on 4/9/14 12:54 am
RNY on 03/18/14

that is exactly my answer too. Change the values and use it for tracking.  

H/W: 312 S/W: 280 C/W: 196 Surgery date: 3/18/2014

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 4/8/14 8:00 am - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

Ignore the calorie recommendations that MFP automatically calculates.  They are not applicable to those of us who have had WLS.

You can change your goals for protein, carbs, fat and calories on MFP, but you have to do it from a PC or laptop, not a smart phone.  Look for the customization features. For example, I have mine set for:

36 Fat

30 Carbs

90 Protein

800 Calories

How many ounces are those four bottles of water?  You need at least 64 ounces of fluid per day.  If you're male (and I'm assuming you are since your name is James), my NUT recommends 100 grams of protein for males.  Good luck.

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

CPA_Loser
on 4/8/14 10:55 am - WA

You can adjust the calorie goal and percentage breakout to whatever you want - even on smartphone now. Talk to your dietician about what your specific calorie goal and breakout for fat, carbs and protein should be and program that into myfitnesspal. I think perhaps you may have mistook what we all use the program/app for - we use it to track what we are consuming, not for nutritional guidance. 

How long have you been not losing? Perhaps your body is just in an adjustment phase?

Laura in Texas
on 4/9/14 1:39 am

I agree with the others about changing the values on MFP. Some people do have to drop down to 800 calories to lose.

Are you weighing or measuring everything? We often forget what a real serving size looks like.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Most Active