4 weeks out and getting discouraged

Danni1782
on 4/8/14 4:46 am - Cleveland, TN

Yesterday makes exactly 4 weeks since my surgery. I was 329 the morning I had it. I know many people, as I , come home weighing more than when they went in. With that being said, today I am only at 324. I'm feeling very discouraged right now. I lost more weight the month before surgery than I have after. Has my metabolism just completely vanished or what?  I eat less than a 3 year old now. This doesn't make any sence to me. Has this happened to any of you or someone you know? Should I call the dr? My next check up isn't for 2 weeks. 

My FB WLS Support Group - Come join me!   

https://www.facebook.com/groups/supportwithWLS/

Kate -True Brit
on 4/8/14 5:08 am - UK

Please use the search option to read the hundreds of threads about this.

it is very common to stall early on, people call it the three week stall, the four week still etc.. Your body is adjusting to early weight loss, is recovering from major surgery and you are eating a weird diet. 

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

Danni1782
on 4/8/14 5:14 am - Cleveland, TN

What would I put to search for thi?

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 4/8/14 7:46 am - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

Click on the magnifying glass and type in:

Three Week Stall

Are you drinking plenty of fluids?  Sometimes that can compound the problem.  Good luck.

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

Sandy M.
on 4/8/14 5:27 am - Detroit Lakes, MN
Revision on 05/08/13

Are you logging your food?  Are you getting the right amount of protein in and keeping your carbs low?  How about your water intake? Are you walking or other exercise?  If you're following the doc's plan, you have no reason for concern - but when you do visit the doc/NUT, they'll want to know exactly what you're doing, so if you're not already logging, start now.

I think Kate is referring to the millions of posts on 3-week stall, stalls in general, plateaus, or slow losers. 

Height 5'4"  HW:223 Lap band 2006, revised to Sleeve 5/8/2013, SW:196

Danni1782
on 4/8/14 7:55 am - Cleveland, TN

I'm pretty sure I'm not getting as much protein as I should be. Can that really keep you from losing? I guess in my head I think less food is better. I'm doing good on fluids but I guess there is always room for improvement.

CPA_Loser
on 4/8/14 11:08 am - WA

I think we need more details. Are you getting at least 48 ounces of fluid (64 more ideal)? Are you getting at least 60 grams of protein (or whatever your surgeon's plan requires)? How many calories and what is the breakdown of carbs, fat and protein? Sometimes if you aren't eating enough your body goes into shock. 

I can certainly see how 5 pounds in 4 weeks does not seem right. Take a look at everything you are doing and see where maybe you need to change a few things. Talk to your dr or nutritionist.

Most Active