pop/corn

Hoosier_mommy
on 4/8/14 2:00 am

Ok..I've been off the grid on here for a bit. I'm about 3 years into my GBP and lost 121lbs at my lowest weight and have been maintaining a healthy weight of 112. I have been doing well with food but I miss popcorn and pop. Are either of these a possibility at all? I haven't attempted either one as of yet because I wasn't sure if they are allowed.  Please advise.  Thank u :)

bubbylucy
on 4/8/14 2:23 am - Raleigh, NC

I have no problem with popcorn. I am not a fan of soda as it makes me feel bloated, you can always have a few sips of diet soda and see how it feels. I also can not do a lot of sugar so real soda is out. Sometimes I take a small sip of my childs just to get that taste.

Good luck and congrats

Audra

Hoosier_mommy
on 4/8/14 2:31 am

Ok great and thank u for the reply. I've heard that pop is ok if pretty watered down..I heard that the carbonation can expand my stomach and stretch it?! Not sure I would want to risk that. As for popcorn I wasn't sure if the kernels were easily digestible...I have problems with nuts sometimes so I limit them

Candy V.
on 4/8/14 2:45 am - MI
RNY on 09/12/12

Once I hit goal I added a mini bag of popcorn to my foods. I probably have it weekly. 

I use diet root beer in protein shakes, but usually flat.  It won't stretch your pouch, it may cause bloat or gas. 

RNY 9/12    TT 9/13    HT 5' 4"   HW 250    SW 242   CW 125

Come keep it real in R&R 3.0 Want a group invite?  Send a PM  

LiViAnN_mommy
on 4/8/14 3:39 am - Citrus heights, CA

When I was about 3 years out I became pregnant and one of my cravings was soda. I didn't have any issues while pregnant but afterwards it was a hard habit to break, I ended up gaining weight over the next 2 years (which has been a pain in the a** to loose) once I stopped drinking it I felt better overall and lost about 10lbs of my 45lb weight gain. I have heard lots of stories about people gaining while drinking it. I am not sure about anyone else but sometime, epically after diet coke, I got bad pains in my pouch. I would just stay away from it. You have worked so hard over the last few years and don't want to derail that! Popcorn on the other hand... Just be aware of how much you eat that is the one food I tend to really overeat! 

MyLady Heidi
on 4/8/14 3:49 am

As long as you don't abuse either, popcorn and diet soda should be fine.  I went through a phase with popcorn, over it now, it is basically useless carbs but sometimes you just want things.  As for soda, I drink diet A&W root beer on occasion, out of those fancy soda fountains where you can make your own flavor.  I can't drink it out of a bottle or can, only fountain soda.  It is all about moderation and if you can't moderate it and it triggers something else is it really worth it.  Only you know that answer.

dragonlove
on 4/8/14 6:45 am
RNY on 11/20/13

I had some diet root beer this weekend and the carbonation really made my pouch feel uncomfortable - I could only drink a few sips at a time where I have no trouble drinking lots of an uncarbonated drink.

Pam (RNY: 11/20/2013)

Most Active