Referral from my clini

Rich_408
on 4/8/14 8:48 am

So my clinic refferd me to a dr nguyen amd to call for appointment  does it mean hes going to do the sugery or is it a maybe ???

Buckets
on 4/8/14 12:51 pm - Southwest, IA
RNY on 04/16/14

The surgeon will make that decision after meeting with you and reviewing medical records and doing testing.  If he recommends surgery your insurance will have to approve it.  

It it is still a maybe.  

VBG in 1987:  HW 267      Recent HW:  242  SW 196 Revision to RNY on April 16, 2014.

Brad Special
Snowflake

on 4/8/14 10:39 pm
VSG on 12/06/12

Ijust wanted to say the insurance will not have to approve they may approve but they do not have to.

AnneGG
on 4/8/14 11:30 pm

Approval will be up to your surgeon, but I bet there won't be a problem.

If insurance denies you the first time around, there's always the option of an appeal.

Just be sure to get your ducks in a row and document document document.

"What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls the butterfly." Richard Bach

"Support fosters your growth. If you are getting enough of the right support, you will experience a major transformation in yourself. You will discover a sense of empowerment and peace you have never before experienced. You will come to believe you can overcome your challenges and find some joy in this world." Katie Jay

H.A.L.A B.
on 4/9/14 9:54 pm

If you insurance have as WLS exclusion - you will be denied and no amount of appeals can help.  A lot if times the surgeon office has a person who deals with insurance and they typically know what insurance covers the WLS and what are the requirements. 

You can also check the insurance yourself - on line or by calling the agent. 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

MsBatt
on 4/10/14 2:58 pm

Before you choose a surgeon, you need to choose which form of WLS you want to have. You need to research the Sleeve/VSG, the RNY/gastric bypass, and the DS/duodenal switch. Once you've decided which procedure best suits your needs (by looking at things like any health problems you may have, family history of health problems, and just plain how you want to live the rest of your life), then you need to choose a surgeon with a lot of experience in doing the procedure YOU want. With your BMI, you shouldn't have any trouble getting approved for surgery, provided your insurance covers WLS.

Most Active