no insurance bad credit

Sharklady
on 4/9/14 2:50 am

I am having a difficult time getting surgery. I have seen a surgeon in Miami but from the closing of my business I have bad credit. I have beentrying to find a job, but with my poor health (bad knees, back and neck) I am getting denied even though I am beyond qualified. I was on unemployment last year and according to Obamacare, I should be on Medicaid but FL chose not to extend coverage so they are not penalizing me for not having insurance. I want to know if there is a surgeon that helps get the Medicaid to get approved and cover the cost.

poet_kelly
on 4/9/14 5:32 am - OH

Surgeons don't help people get Medicaid.  If you qualify for Medicaid, you just apply at your county welfare office and then you get Medicaid.  If you don't qualify for Medicaid, then there is nothing a surgeon or other doctor can do to help you get Medicaid.

Are you unable to work due to your health problems?  If not, I'm confused about why you can't get a job.  You don't have to tell potential employers about health problems unless they will interfere with your ability to do the job for which you are applying.  So keep your health issues private when you apply for a job.  If, however, you are not able to work because of your health, then you can apply for Social Security disability.  Once approved, you should qualify for Medicaid, and after two years, you would also qualify for  Medicare.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Most Active