Exercise Question for RNY patients

Danni1782
on 4/9/14 2:35 pm - Cleveland, TN

I was wondering when you were able to start doing core exercises. Not just what your doctor recommended but when did it actually feel comfortable to do so? I'm anxious to get started. The treadmill is getting boring. Im ready to also add in other exercises and start working on this tummy. :-) Thanks!

My FB WLS Support Group - Come join me!   

https://www.facebook.com/groups/supportwithWLS/

Darkwingdc
on 4/9/14 8:00 pm - MI

Can i butt in and ask a question also?

I know they say to walk as much as you can.  What about using a exercise bike?  How soon can you do that?  I have fallen in love with the bike.  i am up to 22 miles since monday and I am feeling great about it.  I like doing that more then walking.

Danni1782
on 4/9/14 10:08 pm - Cleveland, TN

I'm not sure. I have a bike but the one I have would work my tummy a bit. I'm 4 1/2 weeks out. You think it would be ok to start the bike as long as I don't feel any discomfort?

My FB WLS Support Group - Come join me!   

https://www.facebook.com/groups/supportwithWLS/

AnneGG
on 4/9/14 10:08 pm

I suggest following doctor recommendations.

"What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls the butterfly." Richard Bach

"Support fosters your growth. If you are getting enough of the right support, you will experience a major transformation in yourself. You will discover a sense of empowerment and peace you have never before experienced. You will come to believe you can overcome your challenges and find some joy in this world." Katie Jay

MMmom
on 4/9/14 11:09 pm

I had the sleeve, but I was released for exercise at 8 weeks.  Didn't start core until about 10 weeks.  I had some pulling pain in one of my incisions when I tried core at 8 weeks, so I waited.

If you have been released by doctor,I would do only what you are comfortable doing.  Don't over of it.

M&M

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1500 views