Settling

JJ0609
on 4/10/14 12:04 am

My body might be settling at 123 lbs. but I want to get below this weight on my scale because I know that in truth I really weigh 8-10 lbs. more than that on other scales especially doctor's scales. I have been smaller before and only gained due to medicine side effects and a candy cane pouch. I will keep trying the 800 calorie plan for now until summer and if I do not lose by then I will up my calories to 900 for 3 months and then to 1,000 for mainatance. Let me know if you have any suggestions that I can try to boost my metabolism so I can start losing again. I would really appreciate it. Thanks in advance for your support and help. I am frustrated and at my wits end. I am pleased that I was able to lose from 148 lbs. to 123 lbs. since Nov. 2013.

“Let someone love you just the way you are – as flawed as you might be, as unattractive as you sometimes feel, and as unaccomplished as you think you are. To believe that you must hide all the parts of you that are broken, out of fear that someone else is incapable of loving what is less than perfect, is to believe that sunlight is incapable of entering a broken window and illuminating a dark room.”― Marc Hack

Ht:5'4 SW:268 CW:127.2 GW:125 RNY 06/09 Stomach/colon revision 11/13  

White Dove
on 4/10/14 12:31 am - Warren, OH

I have been drinking a cup of Sport Tea every day.  Might just be a placebo effect, but I have more energy, less hunger and am dropping weight.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

JJ0609
on 4/10/14 12:37 am

Thanks. Where do you find it and how much is it? 

“Let someone love you just the way you are – as flawed as you might be, as unattractive as you sometimes feel, and as unaccomplished as you think you are. To believe that you must hide all the parts of you that are broken, out of fear that someone else is incapable of loving what is less than perfect, is to believe that sunlight is incapable of entering a broken window and illuminating a dark room.”― Marc Hack

White Dove
on 4/10/14 12:59 am - Warren, OH

On Amazon and about $10 for a box of 20 bags (with shipping).  Not as much as drinking soda.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

JJ0609
on 4/10/14 3:38 am

Thanks

Hislady
on 4/10/14 3:53 am - Vancouver, WA

I've always heard that strength training will boost your metabolism because the more muscle you have the more fat gets burnt. Can't say it's a fact but can't hurt to try, the worst it can do is tighten up muscles!

JJ0609
on 4/10/14 3:57 am

Thanks for the tip!

Tracy D.
on 4/10/14 4:04 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

I don't know your age or frame-size but honestly, 123 lbs. for someone who is 5'4" is fairly small.  Definitely not on the high end of the BMI chart.  

Have you had your body fat accurately tested yet?  If you're in the 20-23% body fat range then you should be content with whatever the scale says; you'd actually be fighting yourself forever to get much lower unless you are super athletic.  

I guess my bottom line is:  are you being realistic about your weight/health or are you being obsessive about a number on the scale?  Is losing another 8-10 lbs. going to make you any healthier?   That's for you to decide....but it really takes knowing your body fat percentage to gauge this.  And those scales and hand-held devices don't do it very accurately.  

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

LiViAnN_mommy
on 4/10/14 4:29 am - Citrus heights, CA

I agree. I am 5'4 also and my lowest was 130 and I looked sick. I know for me personally 135 is the lowest I would go. Anything less then that seemed unhealthy. It's hard when we focus on a number that might not really be best for our health. 

LiViAnN_mommy
on 4/10/14 4:31 am - Citrus heights, CA

Just wondering why you picked 110-115? 

Most Active