Got my date- May 8!!!!!!!!!!!

zzobe
on 4/10/14 10:50 am

Boy, once things start moving- they move. Got my surgery date for May 8. I was rejected the first time. My insurance company wanted proof that I've been obese for at least 12 months :) So they got their proof from my doctors and I'm good to go! Actually, it could have been one week earlier but then I would have to cancel my trip to visit my daughter in Chicago. Wasn't willing to do that. So May 8 it is. I've been seeing my counselor every two weeks. This has been helpful. At first, when I wasn't seeing my counselor, I panicked when I finished the 6 month nutrition classes. Started to realize this is it! Was feeling anxiety. That's when I relayed that I needed to see her. My eating habits are slowly improving. It's really nice to be able to speak with someone and to be totally honest with them about how I feel about food. There are a lot of different emotions connected with it. On the one hand, I feel like a "baby" for not being able to do what is best for me. (just stop eating junk and too much food) On the other hand, I feel like I'm really starting to get some insight in to my relationship with food. More about that later. Let's move on. . .

So my surgeon will have me on a liquid diet for the two weeks before surgery. I know a lot of surgeons have moved away from that. I have an aversion to drinking weird liquids, think liquids, green liquids, etc. I'm going to do it, but will have my Xanax ready to help me. What hints can you give me for getting through those two weeks. I tried Unjury Protein. It was ok. But the thought of having that daily for two weeks is pretty revolting to me. Help!!!

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 4/10/14 11:26 am - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14 with

Try different kinds of protein drinks, injury was ok 2 me2 but I prefer bariatric advantage protein drinks, they have samples so you can try different flavors, body fortress choc peanut butter was good too also get sf popsicles if you want something sweet, there's jello too, broths & soups. You can also strain the regular soups too. Good luck!

Member Services
on 4/10/14 11:50 am - Irvine, CA

Tbrads01
on 4/11/14 9:18 am
RNY on 05/05/14

Great news!  My date is May 5th. Maybe we can keep in touch during this process!

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1379 views