Has Anyone Used A Lighter Me?

(deactivated member)
on 4/10/14 10:37 am - Eugene , OR
VSG on 04/17/17

So, Ive been search and searching and someone suggested using a A Lighter Me for y surgery. I stalked the Facebook page this am. I want to know what people really think. So far so many good responses. I didn't even find anything on them online via Google. ??

Have you used them? If so what did you think- I want all the details please.

Do you know someone whom has used them? What have they said?

NewCrystalA
on 4/10/14 2:45 pm
VSG on 05/27/14

I am using them. I am scheduled for surgery next month on the 27th I plan to vlog my experience. 

(deactivated member)
on 4/11/14 2:40 pm - Eugene , OR
VSG on 04/17/17

That's great! Glad to hear! Please keep me posted! 

Eggface
on 4/10/14 3:37 pm, edited 4/10/14 3:38 pm - Sunny Southern, CA

My friend Nanette used them and I understand was very happy. She's vlogged a lot of her experience: https://www.youtube.com/user/nmw1379/videos I'm sure she'd love to share her insights with you, her facebook & Google+ links are in the link.

Best wishes in your research,

Michelle "Shelly"

P.S. I had 3 surgeries in Mexico and all went very well (RNY & 2 rounds of post-op plastics, different Dr's) hope your medical tourism experience is a great one if you decide to go that route.

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

jaifra78
on 4/11/14 12:12 am
RNY on 04/16/14

if you do a Google search it should be the first one that comes up http://www.alighterme.com/

pebtash
on 4/11/14 2:51 am
VSG on 11/25/14

HI, I've been looking into it also just in case my insurance won't pay or I think it is taking to long. I'm hoping to hold out so I can use them for Plastic surgery after the WLS. I can't pay for both. Any way if you go to the top of this page under forums, go down to where it says Go Local and then scroll all the way down to Mexico. There you will find people that went to Mexico for WLS and PS. I got lots of information there. Good Luck with your search.

(deactivated member)
on 4/11/14 2:41 pm - Eugene , OR
VSG on 04/17/17

Perfect idea! Thank you. I'm all about more searching! 

zmdh39
on 4/11/14 1:46 pm

The best way to find out is to do a Google search using the actual surgeon's name rather than "A lighter me," as your keyword for the search. If you are looking to find if there are any negative post about the surgeon, you are going to want to search keyword phrases like "Dr. (insert whatever your surgeon's name is) complications"...or Dr.(your docs name) Death"...Dr.(your docs name) Infection...etc. If you are looking for info on a business such as A lighter Me, then you need to search using keyword phrases like...A lighter Me Reviews...so on and so forth. When you search also be sure to not just read the top 3 search results...lots of things go into determining the top results on a search engine such as Google, Yahoo, Bing etc. and a lot of times you need to look through a few additional result pages before you come across negative posts...if there are any out there. Another thing to keep in mind is don't take everything you read at face value. I can't count how many post and videos I saw while researching, that where made by pissed off people. I am not saying that all of them had no merit, but I seen more than a few that were made, claiming they received a botched surgery because they weren't losing weight, but when you read their previous posts the real problem is they were still drinking 1000 calories worth of soda everyday and not following post op instructions. Facebook and other social media sites aren't always the best for finding objective opinions...most of them are maintained by the company or surgeon themselves, who can easily delete any negative comments that have been posted...so unless you are only looking to find the good outcomes, its not the most reliable source. Not to mention the ability to easily manipulate those pages to give viewer who don't know any better false impressions. Many people see a surgeon's or companies' page and see 30,000 likes, they tend to wrongfully assume that those surgeons has either performed 30,000 surgeries, is well known and respected by 30,000 facebook followers, or WOW so and so MUST be an excellent surgeon because they got 30,000 facebook page likes!!! In reality, you can purchase random facebook likes online for cheap...tons of profiles are direct to "like" the page of whoever, or whatever has paid them cash...nothing more. I hope this info helps you find what you are searching for. Best of luck!

Ellerszoo
on 10/10/14 5:03 pm

I had the sleeve done 11 days ago.  I went through alighterme.  My experience wasn't flawless but wasn't bad.  I've lots of details to share if you are interested and haven't had your surgery yet.  PM me on FB if you would like and I can share details Mac Eller on FB.

stacey0580
on 9/18/17 3:41 pm

I chose A Lighter Me for my gastric bypass revision. I originally lost 150 lbs., but gained back approximately 60 pounds after 5 years. After extensive research, I decided to have my revision performed by A Lighter Me. Without a doubt, this was the worst decision of my life. After forking out over $6,000 cash one of the first things I was informed of when I got to Tajuana was that there was no guarantee that I would lose any weight. They don't bother informing you of this prior to payment. Although I have lost about 45 lbs. since the surgery my life has been a living hell. After I awoke from surgery I was told that an additional 2 feet of malabsorption were added. The additional 2 feet of malabsorption causes me to have AT LEAST 5 loose stools a day. I must plan any outings outside of my home to make sure there will be a toilet nearby. If there is not a toilet readily available I risk the chance of incontinence. The urge comes within a matter of minutes. The odor of the stools is unbearable. I was lucky enough to work at home after the surgery, but unfortunately, I was laid-off. I start a new job as a home health nurse tomorrow. I have no idea what type of embarrassment I will face. When I contacted, Dr. Ortiz, about this problem he simply stated, "take Imodium" an over the counter anti-diarrheal. This does not help at all.

If anybody is considering a revision I would seriously reconsider going to A Lighter Me. I now have no social life and have become a hermit.

Most Active