Just started the process in Ontario Canada.. Have some questions

Sunny days Ahead
on 4/11/14 1:50 pm - Canada

Hello everyone,  can anyone shine some light on the pre op work up process in Ontario.  What tests and procedures are required? What is the normal waiting time from start till O.R date? After bypass are we covered by OHIP to have additional surgeries to remove skin? 

Thanks in advance for any responses :) 

Valerie G.
on 4/12/14 3:41 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

You'll eventually get some answers here, but in case you did't now, up on the forums menu, you can get to a Canadian forum to get a captive audience.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Cunning_Pam
on 4/12/14 5:46 am
RNY on 12/18/13

Yep, the Ontario forum is very active. You should get a lot of information there. Here's a link: Ontario forum

Surgery: RNY on 12/18/2013 with Jay M. Snow, MD            "Don't mistake my kindness for weakness." - Robert Herjavec, quoting Al Capone

misslaneyt77
on 4/12/14 8:18 am

I just had my surgery 10 days ago. My referral went in in October. 2012, my information session was May.2013. ..then my paperwork got lost.  I had my appointment with the dietician, psychologist and nurse in October. 2013. I had a followup 6 weeks later. I met the surgeon and the internist In December and January.  I had my sleep study in February. 2014, had my followup with the internist in Mach.2014, got my date the same day and had surgery 1 month later. You have to do bloodwork, ecg, sleep study and anything else the doctor feels you need. 

Hw: 301 Day of surgery: 287