A big thank you to everyone on this site.

sperez2j
on 4/11/14 3:24 pm - Austin, TX

I am pretty much a newbie. I am 4 days post op, and had the vertical sleeve done.  I was so worried , and had so many questions when I first started this journey.  This site, and members have kept me feeling great.  I don't necessarily part take in many discussions, but I sure do read them. I make it a point to see new discussions ,and ideas  everyone has daily. Not only that you can find just about any answer to your questions through the search feature. I just want to give a genuine thank you to everyone on here. I feel prepared, empowered, and I feel like if I need anything we are all here for each other.  Keep up the good work. For those of you who have been on here for a long time, a big thank you to you for all your words of wisdom. 

Kate -True Brit
on 4/11/14 5:32 pm - UK

I won't personally have helped you as I am not sleeved! But best wishes for your new journey!

i just wanted to say, thank you so much for reading and searching! Over the years, so many long time wls people leave this board through the sheer irritation of being asked the same questions over and over again! Newcomers even post to say "I know I can search but it is nicer to ask". Maybe when they are vets they will understand better. So thank you for being considerate! 

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

AnneGG
on 4/11/14 11:39 pm

I read the forums here before and after surgery until my eyes fell out, and what I learned was invaluable for me and made my journey easier.

I'm glad you're finding this a useful informative site! I have a lot gratitude, too.

"What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls the butterfly." Richard Bach

"Support fosters your growth. If you are getting enough of the right support, you will experience a major transformation in yourself. You will discover a sense of empowerment and peace you have never before experienced. You will come to believe you can overcome your challenges and find some joy in this world." Katie Jay

CerealKiller Kat71
on 4/12/14 12:32 am
RNY on 12/31/13

I just wanted to wish you a wonderful recovery and start to your new life!! 

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

Most Active