Oh don't try it now?!

VSG_VET
on 4/11/14 1:15 pm

At first I kept thinking that I'd be turning people who didn't bother to ask me out now while I'm fat. Then it dawned on me that if I'm happier with my appearance and feeling sexier, why wouldn't guys notice and be more interested. I must admit that heavier guys usually are the first to catch my eye either. While I have no problem dating heavier guys, they are usually people that I've been introduced to by friends.  I've just noticed several people say that they've turned people down who didn't notice them before they lost weight. While some people are TOTALLY shallow and superficial and should be turned down, maybe we shouldn't just dismiss them for that one reason. While health is my primary reason for moving forward with surgery, losing weight and feeling sexy in lingerie is a very nice plus.

Member Services
on 4/11/14 1:23 pm - Irvine, CA

Jen Lyn
on 4/12/14 12:33 am
RNY on 11/11/13

I am having similar feelings though not about dating.  I live in a neighborhood where many woman have plastic surgery, botox, etc.. I was obese and many would outright ignore me, even if I said hello.  I held my head up and quit saying hello if after 3 times, they did not respond.  I imagined I would be so mad I would tell them off. Instead I am friendly, polite, and focused on the people who see ME.  I don't allow them to pry and get into my business either.  "Hello. How are you? I'm well. Excuse me but I need to >>>>' 

VSG_VET
on 4/12/14 12:37 am

I wouldn't have much for people like that before surgery.

AnneGG
on 4/12/14 1:13 am

Woot! The new self image and self confidence help a lot, don"t they?

I'm doing things and hanging out in places I would have never dreamed possible before my weight loss.

I also refuse to settle for or put up with in any area of my life now.

You go!

"What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls the butterfly." Richard Bach

"Support fosters your growth. If you are getting enough of the right support, you will experience a major transformation in yourself. You will discover a sense of empowerment and peace you have never before experienced. You will come to believe you can overcome your challenges and find some joy in this world." Katie Jay

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1380 views