Here's how much more

shoutjoy
on 4/13/14 7:44 pm - Culpeper, VA

“You know that working out is good for your health, but you might want more. Here's how much more.”

Sure, exercising helps you lose weight, strengthens your heart, and basically does a body good. If you've been working out for a while, you may have discovered some other benefits you weren't expecting. Researchers found that physical activity may reduce depression and fatigue by increasing self-efficacy, or the belief that one can master physical goals and attain a sense of accomplishment. Get your daily workout, then go conquer the world

Clueless about weight loss and weight loss surgery of any kind.

Jackie
Multiplepetmom

on 4/13/14 11:25 pm, edited 4/13/14 11:26 pm

I read a lot of "self help" books and especially like when something is backed up by science.

recently finished The How Of Happiness and am currently reading The Willpower Instinct.

there are some things that keep coming up as helpful in a way that can be studied and verified and one of them is exercise.  

another one is meditation, BTW.  you really can't go wrong if you do either or both of these things. helps with everything!

once upon a time I had a group to talk about Binge Eating Disorder, and later one about Clean Eating.

PM me if you are interested in either of these.

size 8, life is great

AnneGG
on 4/14/14 1:18 am

I never thought I would like exercising- I've been doing it pretty much daily for several years now- but I feel so much better afterwards. Plus my health is much better and I look pretty good now for age 63.

What's that saying- eating is the most used anti-anxiety agent and exercise is the least used antidepressant.

"What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls the butterfly." Richard Bach

"Support fosters your growth. If you are getting enough of the right support, you will experience a major transformation in yourself. You will discover a sense of empowerment and peace you have never before experienced. You will come to believe you can overcome your challenges and find some joy in this world." Katie Jay

Most Active