4 weeks out and seem to have stalled. Very worried.

ScarlettFire
on 4/17/14 3:47 am - Santa Rosa, CA
VSG on 03/24/14 with

Arghhhhhh!

When I came home from my 2 day hospital stay I was 30 lbs lighter, and over the following two weeks on liquid only, I was down to 228. It's been two weeks since then and I'm hovering around 230. I haven't been exercising much but I didn't think I had to too much in the first month. I see the nurse practitioner today for my post-op check-up and I'm worried I'll disappoint her. I didn't expect to plateau so soon. What if I never lose more? I was expecting slow and steady the loss would go. 

Anyone here stall on losing just 4 weeks after vsg?

Kate -True Brit
on 4/17/14 4:10 am - UK

At the top of this page, in the blue bar, there is a magnifying glass. Please use this to look for the quite literally hundreds of threads about this. It is totally normal. It can happen after any surgery. People do not necessarily lose steadily week by week. 

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

armyofficerwife40
on 4/17/14 5:04 am

Yes I had my sleeve Jan. 31 and about 5 weeks out my weight stayed the same for about 3weeks. I think it's disappointing because the weight is just falling off the first couple of weeks but it is quite normal for your body to catch up to the drastic loss. I have continued to lose and I am 50lbs down at 12 weeks. Good luck with your journey.

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 4/17/14 5:43 am - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

Don't be worried.

I suggest you follow Kate's advice and do some reading about stalls.  They will happen more than once and you best prepare yourself on how to deal with them mentally.   Good luck.

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

AnneGG
on 4/17/14 10:26 pm

Hang in! Stalls and plateaus are to be expected. Don't worry about disappointing the nurse. You're doing this for you, and it is a process.

I would suggest getting going with the exercise, though. It makes a huge difference both with the weight loss and with health.

"What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls the butterfly." Richard Bach

"Support fosters your growth. If you are getting enough of the right support, you will experience a major transformation in yourself. You will discover a sense of empowerment and peace you have never before experienced. You will come to believe you can overcome your challenges and find some joy in this world." Katie Jay

ScarlettFire
on 4/18/14 10:10 pm - Santa Rosa, CA
VSG on 03/24/14 with

I've learned a lot in the last few days about stalling and I am no longer worried. I've been reading old posts about it. The nurse said my body is trying to adjust and hold on to fat stores because we are wired to do that to keep from starving. So every 4 hrs I eat a bit of protein and I felt better. Two pounds lost since last post. Thank you to those *****plied. Keep well.

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1204 views