high heels

mmnishik
on 4/19/14 2:07 pm

Hey all,

I wanted to know if anyone found it easier to wear heels after losing a significant amount of weight?  Also did your feet change sizes? if so how much?  I love shoes and I want to wear heels so bad but I have never been able to because they hurt so much.

I am hoping this will be a nsv!

Single mom to 2 girls! Love them <3

Cunning_Pam
on 4/19/14 3:14 pm
RNY on 12/18/13

Yes! I have a pair of black pumps with a medium chunky heel, and they were my go to shoes for formal/upscale occasions. They always used to hurt my feet terribly. I recently had occasion to wear them, though, and I was amazed at how much more comfortable they were after losing about 80 pounds. I don't know how much my feet have changed in size at this point, but the shoes were definitely looser and fit much better in addition to the heel height being comfortable too. I'm hoping to be able to wear a pair of serious high heels after I get to goal weight myself, and hoping my size 11 gunboats will go down at least one size.

Surgery: RNY on 12/18/2013 with Jay M. Snow, MD            "Don't mistake my kindness for weakness." - Robert Herjavec, quoting Al Capone

Candy V.
on 4/19/14 8:50 pm - MI
RNY on 09/12/12

Easier yes, but still hurts my legs and feet by the end of the day. I have some joint problems that weight loss won't take away :(

I did go down a size in shoes and had to replace all shoes and boots. From a 9 1/2-10W down to an 8 1/2 regular width. 

RNY 9/12    TT 9/13    HT 5' 4"   HW 250    SW 242   CW 125

Come keep it real in R&R 3.0 Want a group invite?  Send a PM  

CerealKiller Kat71
on 4/19/14 10:58 pm
RNY on 12/31/13

I am only 15 weeks out, but I've gone from a 9 (mostly for width) to a 7.5 wide or an 8 medium.  I have been able to wear heels to two formal occasions -- something I hadn't done in over 4 years.  My feet were pretty tired by the end of the night, however.

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

White Dove
on 4/19/14 11:22 pm - Warren, OH

I had a job where I wore suits and heels everyday.  So I needed to find heels that did not hurt and were comfortable all day even when I was overweight.  Easy Spirit were my go to brand.  I can wear these all day and do a lot of walking or dancing in them without hurting.  Be very picky about fit.  Have your feet measured and make sure that the width and length are good.

Easy Spirit Heels - 3-1/2 inch high

Most heels, even wedges, can make your feet hurt after awhile.  Part of the secret is just learning to walk in them.  Practice at home. Start with a quality leather.  I have also had success with Rockport, Hush Puppies, and Naturalizer, but Easy Spirit has always been my favorite brand.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Mac333
on 4/20/14 12:12 am
VSG on 04/24/14 with

Love this question! I just limped out of the Easter vigil Mass last evening on my minimal heels. Really looking forward to this NSV as well.

Mac    HW  234   SW   204.8   CW   190     M1  

" The favors of the Lord are not exhausted,His merices are not spent; they are renewed every morning so great is His faithfulness"     

Lamentations 3:22-23

(deactivated member)
on 4/20/14 12:13 am

My foot size has not changed.But the shoes that I had last year are somewhat too big.I hope to wear low heels at one point.Like pumps from the 80s

56sunShine14
on 4/20/14 12:45 am

Just be careful and start wearing them around the house a bit to get used to them.  After losing 79 pounds, I put on a pair of expensive, red sandals in my house and just as I was going to take them off, I fell!  I tore 3 tendons in my rotator cuff!

Be careful at first!

pebtash
on 4/20/14 2:13 am
VSG on 11/25/14

The last time I lost 100 pounds I also lost a shoe size. I went from a 10 to a 9 and yes I was able to wear heels then but found it very difficult to drive with them on. Good luck.

MyLady Heidi
on 4/21/14 6:56 am, edited 4/21/14 7:00 am

I only wear heels since I lost weight.  My feet were a 7 or 7.5 when I was MO but are really a 6 or a 6.5 when I am really wearing shoes that fit properly.  I just buy most boots super big, like 7.5 or 8 and then pad with three pair of socks to make them the most comfortable on earth and balance out the fact I am 5'5 and have such tiny feet for my ass size.  I hate summer shoes because I have to wear the proper size and I don't like it.  Most of my summer shoes are chunky buckled types to make my feet look bigger.  Believe me it is the only part of my body I ever wished was bigger.

I bought these last year at DSW.

Most Active