Please help me get ready for my pre-op diet!

zzobe
on 4/20/14 8:52 am

My surgery is scheduled for Thurs. May 8. This Tues. I go for final blood work and a 2 hour group meeting with the dietician where she will explain what we eat for the two weeks before surgery. I want to get a jump-start on this. Please share with me what you ate before surgery besides protein shakes. Thanks in advance. 

poet_kelly
on 4/20/14 9:02 am - OH

My pre op diet may be very different than yours.  For instance, mine was only for one week.  So I could tell you what i ate in the two weeks before surgery but your dietician may not want you to eat the same things I ate.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Elle_Bear_Fabulous
on 4/20/14 5:17 pm

Please wait until your appt to start the diet. Every doctors office is different but I believe the main goal of the diet is to shrink your liver so that it is easier to do the surgery. One of my coworkers had a 10 day diet of protein shakes and water while mine was only one day of liquids and that was it. I was shocked at the difference but I think a longer pre op diet sets your body up for more weight loss in the beginning so it's a good thing.

Hope this helps. I was kinda random.

RNY- 4/02/2014

spkz007
on 4/22/14 9:06 am - Bay City, MI
RNY on 04/10/14

Start cutting back early. I have had to go through this twice. Once for a lapband and just 12 days ago for a RNY. Have a protein shake for breakfast and lunch and then a moderate dinner. It really did help get me through those 10 days. Once you get through the first 3 days its a little easier. Good luck.

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1115 views