2 years post op and pregnant

A. Allen
on 4/21/14 5:36 am
RNY on 03/12/12

Hi everyone! Have a question need some answers. This is my first time being pregnant after having  R N Y. Surgery since March 2012. Im totally lost I am two months and considered high risk do to the surgery. Are all pregnancies considered high risk after surgery? What about eating habits? I am craving a lot since I got pregnant I am afraid I'm going to gain the weight back  Started off before pregnancy at 145. Now I'm 160 in two months Omg!!!!!!!  Which twins and triplets run on his side.  Yikes  

Member Services
on 4/21/14 5:56 am - Irvine, CA

Hello  

Congratulations on your pregnancy!!  Be sure and post this on your surgery type form and out Pregnancy Forum.  Here are the links...

Pregnancy after Weight Loss Surgery

Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass Surgery Forum (RNY)

A. Allen
on 4/21/14 5:58 am
RNY on 03/12/12

Thanks so much!

Member Services
on 4/21/14 6:03 am - Irvine, CA

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 4/21/14 8:51 am
RNY on 08/05/19

Is your surgeon still practicing, and if so, do you still live in the area? It may be a good idea to call up the office and see if they can refer you to a WLS-friendly OB, since I'm sure you're not their only patient who's gotten pregnant post-op! You may also want to see your surgeon and/or nutritionist during the pregnancy to check in as well.

Congrats and good luck!

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Valerie G.
on 4/21/14 10:20 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

First of all - congraulations!!!

There are many successful post-op pregnancies, and it's quite normal to treat them as high risk, so don't worry.  They will closely monitor your nutritional health.  I believe there is a pregancy after wls forum out here.  Start participating out there and learn how to keep yourself healthy.  The baby will take what they need from your body, but you want to make sure they don't leave you malnourished in the end.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Most Active