Why do you run/walk? For a cause? or Just for yourself?

Sarahlicious
on 4/21/14 6:41 am - Portsmouth, OH

Spring is the run/race season. I have several friends who are participating in various fun runs like the ones that douse you with colors throughout the course, and I have several training for Disney events and half marathons.  I admit I’m not a runner and have no desire to run. I do walk, and I have participated in two Walk from Obesity and plan on participating in another in October.

I also like to explore scenic areas during leisure walks. When I travel by car I need to make frequent stops to stretch my legs, and I like to try and find scenic parks to stop and walk around and explore.

So tell me do you participate in organized walks and races? If so show off your finish line pictures!

Or do you prefer casual walks and runs to enjoy the scenery? If so show us the natural beauty you have discovered?

I have Lipedema and Lymphedema. I also have a passion for Obesity and Health Insurance Advocacy

Blog: born2lbfat.com Facebook: Born2lbFat Twitter: @born2lbfat

Sandy M.
on 4/21/14 6:48 am, edited 4/21/14 6:48 am - Detroit Lakes, MN
Revision on 05/08/13

I like walking because I always want to know what's just around the next corner.  I started running just to see if I could.  I'm still not much of a runner, but now that the weather is getting nice I'll alternate between walking and running.  I'm doing the Fargo Marathon 5K in a couple of weeks and will probably do a couple more 5Ks this summer just for the heck of it.  

My favorite thing to do is to walk/hike in the woods.  Except when the mosquitoes and flies get bad; then it's not so nice!

Height 5'4"  HW:223 Lap band 2006, revised to Sleeve 5/8/2013, SW:196

Sarahlicious
on 4/21/14 6:50 am - Portsmouth, OH

No bug bites are not so nice! And remember the sunscreen during the 5k!

I have Lipedema and Lymphedema. I also have a passion for Obesity and Health Insurance Advocacy

Sarahlicious
on 4/21/14 6:58 am - Portsmouth, OH

Me at the 2013 Walk from Obesity in Phoenix, as part of the OAC conference. BTW, the idea of carrying the giant lizard was not a well thought out plan...lol.

Scenic overlook on either US 26 or US 23 through NC/TN/KY. Just gorgeous!

Sandy M.
on 4/21/14 7:59 am - Detroit Lakes, MN
Revision on 05/08/13

Ain't the fresh air grand?

Height 5'4"  HW:223 Lap band 2006, revised to Sleeve 5/8/2013, SW:196

Sarahlicious
on 4/23/14 6:57 am - Portsmouth, OH

As long as I have taken my Zyrtec! House smelled of fresh cut grass yesterday after the lawn guy was here...then I quickly realized I hadn't taken my daily meds.

Valerie G.
on 4/21/14 10:17 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

I live in the appalacian mountains and you just can't get a prettier place to explore.  As for walking or running just to 'do it', I can't get into it.  I get bored.  I love to walk to places and work in a downtown area through the week.  I won't hesitate to walk 2 miles to get to dinner (I stay at a hotel through the week), but I can't follow those who exercise just for the sake of exercise.  I crave purpose.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Sarahlicious
on 4/23/14 6:59 am - Portsmouth, OH

Why don't I know what the OG is? I know we're in the same state...right? LOL Fall here is the best...leaves are so pretty!

Luvs2Cruise
on 4/21/14 1:28 pm
VSG on 10/30/13

I like to walk. I am not a runner and have no desire to become one.  I am participating in my first  5K Run/Walk in May.  I have chosen to do it to celebrate the fact that I have lost a freaking 250 pounds.  It is called "Run Through the Jungle" and the proceeds benefit an Exotic Feline Rescue Facility.  I get to walk with the roar of majestic lions in the background.  How cool is that????

VSG on 10/30/13 Surgeon: Erik Throop    "There are plenty of difficult obstacles in your path. Don't allow yourself to become one of them." ~ Ralph Marston

HW: 447 YIKES!!!! SW: 293  CW: 140 GW:140?  100% on Plan -100% of the time!!!

Losses by Months: (5' 1") WL Pre-Op-154  M1-28​, M2-12, M3-18, M4-15, M5-14.5, M6-13.5, M7-10, M8-13, M9-14, M10-10, M11-1 (What the heck??)  M12-4as of today's date     

Sarahlicious
on 4/23/14 7:00 am - Portsmouth, OH

LOVE your name! Speaking of cruises, I had someone ask me if I wanted to walk the ship with them for exercise every morning at 7 AM. Um...7 AM on vacation? No, ain't happening. And walking the ship and the ports in general is good exercise.

Most Active