From C-Sections to the Roux-en-y

gorgeouscalitina
on 4/23/14 5:02 am

Hey! I am new to this site and have my surgery scheduled for May 14th :)) But I am curious for those of you that have had csections, were there any similarities to the recovery process? Or anything that will help me with recovery.  I have lately become a gym rat and I am loving it! I know everything takes time, but after 3 csections I have this sexy pouch from my csections, wondering what it could or will be like after my WLS...will it get really bad before it gets better while losing? Thanks in advance for your help!

Cunning_Pam
on 4/23/14 9:01 am
RNY on 12/18/13

I had a C-section, and the recovery from that was much, much worse than the RNY. I was hunched over for a couple of weeks after the section, after the bypass only about a couple of days.

If you already have a pannus losing weight will not make that any better. It will actually get floppier as you lose weight and the fat under the skin leaves. Keep thinking about how much healthier and happier you are instead of the loose skin, and start saving now for the tummy tuck that may be in your future.

Good luck with your surgery! Remember to keep breathing and keep thinking about the goal, and you'll do great!

Surgery: RNY on 12/18/2013 with Jay M. Snow, MD            "Don't mistake my kindness for weakness." - Robert Herjavec, quoting Al Capone

gorgeouscalitina
on 4/23/14 10:29 am

Thank you for getting back to me, I really appreciate it. Not looking forward to the skin, but I hit the gym hard and I am already saving for the tuck :) thank you!  How are out of surgery are you and how much have you lost so far?

Cunning_Pam
on 4/23/14 10:40 am
RNY on 12/18/13

I'm not far out at all, just a little over four months. So far I've lost 87 pounds (that include pre-surgery loss) and am very happy with the results! Yeah, the skin thing is starting to be problematic, but that's what plastic surgery is for IMO. 

Surgery: RNY on 12/18/2013 with Jay M. Snow, MD            "Don't mistake my kindness for weakness." - Robert Herjavec, quoting Al Capone

KevinBacon
on 4/23/14 10:34 am
VSG on 03/10/14

I had three c sections. The holes from my VSG surgery were easier to deal with than the c section incision. 

HW: 318 Date of Surgery: 3/10/14 SW: 270  CW: 154

tansey90
on 4/23/14 10:05 pm

My VSG surgery was much easier than my two c-sections, and 100% easier than my total hysterectomy ( it was not done laproscopically).  I would put it about 5-10% harder than my laproscopic gallbladder removal. 

Lisa B (tansey90)

Snellville, GA

danslillady
on 4/23/14 10:33 pm

I have had 2 csections and my recovery from RNY was easier because I didn't have to take care of an infant or breastfeed afterwards! I was able to just relax and heal, which makes a big difference.  I have the hanging belly you speak of as well.  I'm 5 months out and have lost 83 lbs and I still have the hanging part although it is much smaller now.  I really don't think it will completely go away but I'm ok with that.

HW: 274 SW: 241  CW: 149 --- 5'6 (Surgery date 11/26/2013)

gorgeouscalitina
on 4/24/14 12:42 pm

WOW! That's AMAZING weightloss! Thanks for getting back to me. I just really want to feel great through the process, how do you feel in clothes even with the pouch and the weightloss?

danslillady
on 4/24/14 8:07 pm

Thank you :)! I don't wear anything but sports and casual wear since I'm a stay at home mom but my clothes fit well even with my little pooch. It used to be very pronounced and I used to wear a long shirt to cover the abdominal area. Now I wear all kinds of lengths of shirts. I wear a L in shirts and a L in pants (12-14) at this point. 

HW: 274 SW: 241  CW: 149 --- 5'6 (Surgery date 11/26/2013)

Most Active