Kaiser Nor Cal Revisions?

elizabeth H.
on 4/26/14 2:27 am - SF, CA

I had a band done outside of Kaiser 10 years ago.  For the last four years I have been struggling with coughing and reflux - this has actually affected my quality of left enough is enough.  Oh and yes I have regained weight, only slippery foods will go down.  My local Kaiser (SSF) says they will remove the band, but that they do not do revision surgeries.  I've heard that the Richmond facility does. Has anyone out there had a post band revision done through Kaiser? 

(deactivated member)
on 4/26/14 10:45 am

Not sure if this counts, but before I got my sleeve at Kaiser Fremont, the surgeon told me that if the sleeve did not work for me because of severe acid reflux he would be able to revise me to an RNY. I also remember him telling me that he had removed many bands, but I don't recall if he mentioned doing revisions. Probably best to call each of Kaiser's Nor Cal Bariatric Centers directly. I have found that Richmond and Fremont have very different plans and protocols. You may find that one center does, while another doesn't. Good luck!

elizabeth H.
on 4/26/14 1:12 pm - SF, CA

Kairk thanks a bunch, I didn't realize there was a Bariatric group in Fremint, crazy how they hid all the I do.  If your comfortable please share the name of your surgeon.  

(deactivated member)
on 4/29/14 6:45 am

Dr. Dennen 

jondakay
on 4/26/14 11:36 pm

Just fyi, I had severe reflux with my band to the point I would aspirate at night and develop pneumonia (approximately 20 times). I finally got fed up and had it removed and had a RNY at the same time. From the time I woke from surgery my reflux was completely gone! I didn't realize how bad it really was. I've lost 35 pounds and feeling great! The RNY was just worth fixing my reflux, the weight loss it just an added plus.

Jonda  

elizabeth H.
on 4/27/14 12:17 am - SF, CA

Jondakay was this through Kaiser, and if so what facility?  Kaiser is slow about adopting new procedures.  At this point band revision is anything but new, but so far they have not been overly positive about acknowledging I need a 2nd WLS.  They do think removing the band would be the best course of action.  

Poohkieboo
on 4/27/14 4:38 am

I go to the Kaiser - Fresno bariatrics. They  mentioned revisions if I need to go from sleeve to RNY. They also mentioned they still do the banding.

MichellesJourney
on 4/27/14 5:27 am
RNY on 04/09/14

I go to Fremont and my surgeon is Dr. Dutta

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1414 views