Back Pain

Elle_Bear_Fabulous
on 4/26/14 2:47 pm

I have had some severe back pain that feels like a lifting injury. It's on my lower back, right side. The pain was small but then I went back to work my chair was so uncomfortable it made my pain so much worse. My chair at work is ergonomically correct so I know the chair is fine. It's probably just because I have been on a couch for so long that I am not used to my work chair. But I would really like to know how to heal this on my own. The pain hurts the worst when I am sitting down, lifting my legs to put on the coffee table and when I turn in bed. Walking is perfectly fine. 

I don't really want to go to the doctor since I can't have any NSAIDs, which I feel is the way to actually treat the pain. Anyone have any advise on how to relieve my back pain? I have been using a cold compress which seems to help and I will get to Tylenol tomorrow but will OTC Tylenol be strong enough? Or should I just go to the Doc?

RNY- 4/02/2014

Gwen M.
on 4/26/14 11:14 pm
VSG on 03/13/14

I would advocate the doc because pain in that area could be due to so many different things. Figuring out which will help you treat it correctly!

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

MsBatt
on 4/28/14 1:18 am

You're only three weeks out from major surgery---you shouldn't be lifting anything that weighs more than ten pounds. GO TO THE DOCTOR!!!

ChristopherEstep
on 6/20/14 8:21 pm

Hey sorry to hear about that but you need to see some good physiotherapist. He will definitely help you out from your problem or you can consult Back pain treatment Centreville, VA. Hope that this will work out for you.

Most Active