Group Health (pebb) and open medicaid card

peppa1970
on 4/27/14 4:28 pm

Has anyone had experience with group health and being approved for gastric banding surgery? I have pebb group health and medicaid  for a secondary insurance.

mschwab
on 4/28/14 3:19 am
RNY on 11/21/14

I have had Group Health in the past and am very familiar with them, however, I did not seek approval for coverage of gastric banding surgery when I was living in the Seattle area.  Some organizations cover gastric bypass, but not gastric banding, and some cover both.  It depends on your coverage.  PEBB has a pretty generous benefit package, so it might be covered.  The only way to be sure is to read your Evidence of Coverage to see what is covered under your plan, or call Group Health's member services.  If there is coverage, you then need to see your primary care physician at Group Health and ask them to request approval for surgery.  They will have criteria that you must meet in order to be approved.  Group Health is an excellent health care organization that will take very good care of you.  Good luck.

Height: 5'7".  HW: 299, Program starting weight: 290, SW: 238, CW 138 - 12 pounds under goal!  

Most Active