Best Insurances for Weight Loss Surgery

Spoloske
on 4/28/14 12:58 pm

Hi I am a new member here. My boyfriend of 2.5 years recently said he wants to get a lap band. He is 6'0 and 280 lbs. He has no insurance. He has been researching different insurance companies for the past few months. Are there any insurance companies that are better than others when it comes to these things? Thanks in advance for any input, it will be greatly appreciated.

MsBatt
on 4/29/14 1:23 am

It's very difficult to find an individual policy that covers WLS. Does he not have insurance available through his employer?

The Band is a really bad choice, too, since it's only meant to last for ten years, maximum. If he gets a Band he can count on having a second surgery later on, and many, many insurance companies have a 'one per lifetime' clause re WLS.

I suggest he might want to consider going the self-pay route and getting the Sleeve. He can get it done in Mexico for under ten grand.

56sunShine14
on 4/29/14 1:40 am

He will have to get used to vomiting all the time too.  But, to be fair, there ARE many success stories with the band.  Mine isn't one but there are some.

Most Active