Hair problems

Aquafinaflo
on 4/29/14 5:37 am
VSG on 02/18/14

Okay so it's about time for me to admitt that my hair is falling out. grr.. im getting in protein and water, taking biotin. I've made an appt to get some braids in this friday. It was a toss up between the braids or a sewin..any suggestions?

Hw: 260 lbs / start weight: 248 lbs / SW:238 lbs / 1wk postop:228 lbs  

current weight:  219 lbs   

ttbaby
on 4/29/14 10:59 pm

sewin, braids will only be more damaging since your hair is already shedding. Just my opinion, I'm not a professional but I have a wonderful hairdresser. I have a small sew in.  Good luck!

Valerie G.
on 4/30/14 3:13 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

Your telogen effluvium is just starting and will continue for a few months.  I would recommend neither until it's done later this year.  You may have your hair shedding around the braids or sew-ins and waste a lot of money.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

MyLady Heidi
on 4/30/14 3:53 am

I did wigs during the annoying fall out phase, basically because I cut my hair short and it got boring stuck with one style.  The wigs weren't expensive and I could take them off and let my hair breath.  It worked.  I don't really know how much stress your hair would endure from braids or sewn-in extensions.  If you want to see my hair transformation look at the photo's in my profile.

Most Active