After surgery, tracking food intake

Castine1234
on 4/30/14 12:31 pm
RNY on 05/06/14

Is it necessary to keep track of food intake?  If so, when should you start?  I would use Spark people.

Member Services
on 4/30/14 1:13 pm - Irvine, CA

Hi Castine1234,

Congratulations on your surgery.  Yes, get in the habit to track all your food and liquid intake. We have a great tool to use for tracking your food and exercise called Health Tracker. Check it out under MY OH!

Regards,

Member Services

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 4/30/14 2:01 pm - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

I started BEFORE surgery to get used to the habit.  I haven't used Spark.   I use My Fitness Pal and like the bar code scan feature immensely. 

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

Cunning_Pam
on 4/30/14 2:03 pm
RNY on 12/18/13

Hi Castine. I feel that tracking is very important, and the impression I get from people who have been successful long-term with their WLS also pay close attention to their intake. I use MyFitnessPal, there are others like SparkPeople and the OH Health Tracker as well. Whichever you use, it's important to log everything and be completely honest about what you're eating, IMO.

You may also be interested in a daily thread in the RNY forum called "What's on the menu today, RNYers?" This is a place for people to post their menus for the day, get advice and support, and help keep themselves accountable. We also share recipe and food ideas in an effort to keep eating interesting and fun. We'd love for you to join us!

Surgery: RNY on 12/18/2013 with Jay M. Snow, MD            "Don't mistake my kindness for weakness." - Robert Herjavec, quoting Al Capone

Most Active