Too much too soon

Kimberlyo
on 5/2/14 9:05 am - CA
RNY on 04/28/14

I had my gastric bypass on mon 28 th, been rough, I hadn't been getting in much if any protein drink. Today I sipped one till it was gone too fast! I feel really full and I'm freaking out! I know this probably sounds silly but after all this I blew it! Did I just stretch out my new stomach? This drink should have taken hour to drink!

Kimberly O

poet_kelly
on 5/2/14 9:10 am - OH

You can't stretch out your pouch by drinking.  Your pouch is kinda like a funnel.  There's a little opening at the bottom.  It doesn't take me an hour to drink a protein drink.  I did feel uncomfortable early out if I drank too fast but you can't do any damage doing so.  Just drink a little slower next time.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Kimberlyo
on 5/2/14 9:58 am - CA
RNY on 04/28/14

Thank you Kelly, I appreciate your quick response, this has been hard, I am soo glad to be able to go on OH to see what others have done, next week I'm sure dr. Will put me on soft foods, any suggestions? Like stick to B L D and water in between?

Kimberly O

MickeyDee
on 5/2/14 10:24 am

It's going to take you a while to make the change in your mind from your old life to your new one.  Please don't freak out too much. If you make a mistake, your new Overlord Pouch will quickly remind you to watch out!! 

The old mantra of "sipsipsip, chewchewchew, walkwalkwalk" is still very true. "Nap as needed" is still true, too!

Take your time, get use to doing things differently. Believe me, you're no different than anyone else who's just had surgery.

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1413 views