SHOULD I HAVE DONE THIS

tigerlilly3847
on 5/5/14 2:34 am
VSG on 06/06/13

HI ALL

I STARTED HERE 1/1/12 LOOKING AT WHAT ALL YALL  HAD TO SAY GOING TO DR'S ABOUT MY SLEEVE THINKING HARD ABOUT THIS TALKING TO ORTHERS TRYING TO MAKE MY MIND UP..SO ON JUNE 6/2013 I DID IT GOT THE SLEEVE STARTED AT 220 SIZE 18 TO 20 PANTS NOW AT 154 AND IN 10'S GOING TO 9'S IM HOPING TO STOP THERE.

I FEEL DOWN, WEAK ,BONES HURT, COLD ALL THE TIME AND MY NOSE RUNS ALL THE TIME...WHAT TO DO.. DR DID BLOOD WORK 4 TO 5 TIMES ALL IS GOOD AND THE DR THAT DID THE SLEEVE SAID ALL IS GOOD ....BUT ITS NOT GOOD

DID I DO THE RIGHT THING ?????  I DONT KNOW YET, BUT NO GOING BACK NOW GOT TO KEEP ON TRYING TO FIND OUT WHAT IS NOT RIGHT OR WHAT I NEED TO DO TO FIX THIS....

I LIKE THE FACT THAT I HAVE LOST THE WEIGHT AND THAT  MY BACK DOES FEEL BETTER BUT TO HAVE THE OTHER THINGS GOING ON I JUST DONT KNOW YET.... I HAVE UPS AND DOWNS WEEKLY MY HUSBAND IS THE BEST THING HE TRYS SO TO KEEP ME UP....AND TO MAKE ME FEEL BETTER ... 

IM JUST TALKING OUT LOUD THANKS FOR READING 

poet_kelly
on 5/5/14 3:28 am - OH

When you say your blood work is all good.. what's your iron level?  Ferritin?  B12?  Vitamin D?

Are you getting enough protein?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

MsBatt
on 5/5/14 5:44 am

What are your numbers? Usually doctors say "It's all good" until you're really, really low on stuff. Like Kelly, I think your D is probably low.

poet_kelly
on 5/5/14 6:59 am - OH

Being cold and weak makes me think low iron and/or ferritin.  Being tired and bones hurting makes me think low D.  Being tired and down makes me think low B12.

But yeah, you gotta get the actual numbers.  In some cases, some docs don't even test for all those things unless you specifically ask them to.

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Valerie G.
on 5/5/14 6:24 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

I agree with Ms. Batt.  You lose weight because you're malnourishing yourself, so you need to supplement what you're not consuming naturally.  It's important to know your own numbers and watch for trends.  They may not be doing the right tests or enough tests on your nutritonal levels.  When I get my blood drawn, I fill 14 vials.  YES, 14 VIALS.  if you haven't filled close to this when you had bloodwork, then they aren't doing right by you.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

MsBatt
on 5/5/14 7:23 am

14? My last draw was 18!

tigerlilly3847
on 5/5/14 8:55 am
VSG on 06/06/13

WELL I REALLY DONT KNOW ALL MY NUMBERS THEY JUST CALL ON THE PHONE AND STAY B12 WAS VERY HIGH AND SO ON AND SO NO WAS GOOD... I GUESS I REALLY NEED TO KNOW MY NUMBERS AND FIND OUT WHAT THEY NEED TO BE... I JUST TAKE IT WHEN THEY SAY YOU ARE GOOD... I TAKE A D PILL AND VIM 2 PILLS

THANKS FOR ALL THE INFO I WILL GO BACK AND ASK FOR MY NUMBERS CAUSE I REALLY DONT KNOW THEM THE ONLY ONE THAT I KNOW IS MY SUGER WAS  56 AND THEY SAID THAT IS NEEDED TO BE 100 OR MORE... SO I EAT A CANDY BAR A DAY TO KEEP IT UP... SAD LOL YES I KNOW BUT IT WORKS

poet_kelly
on 5/5/14 9:30 am - OH

Eating a candy bar once a day doesn't keep your sugar up.  It causes it to go way up for a short time, then it drops again.  Eating small meals frequently, and including complex carbs, protein and healthy fats in each meal, is what keeps your sugar at a good, steady level.

Did your doctor advise you to eat a candy bar a day to keep your sugar up?

tigerlilly3847
on 5/6/14 3:34 am
VSG on 06/06/13

no my doctor didn't tell me I just did it trying to help me out... I have started tuna lunch kits, and ham and cheddar lunchables... I was drinking protein shade before the sleeve but now I just don't like them I can get half down and then im sick feeling I eat a lot of chicken ...and I do a lot of protein bars..

SReyes71
on 5/6/14 9:47 am

I am cold ALL the time even before my surgery. Had a full physical a few months before because I felt like my iron was low because I am ALWASY cold... Turned out all of my numbers were good. nothing was even close to being low. I am simply a cold natured person so my doctor said. Anyway I have had the same thoughts as you did I do the right thing? I am only 2 weeks since my surgery.... I did have severe GERD and its completely gone since my surgery which makes my decision well worth it but with the other issues of not drinking or eating enough it has been rough. I am going to the Dr in the morning so they can hook me to an IV to get me hydrated.

I understand how you feel about the SHOULD HAVE I DONE THIS? and as you said its to late to turn back now. Keep going, stay strong and hopefully once you reach your goal all the side effects that your having will go away. But the runny nose my be due to allergies. I have that issue often and when I don't take my allergy pill my nose runs like a faucet.

Hope you feel better :) Stay Strong!!!

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1331 views