About to begin the journey

tjohnson6563
on 5/6/14 4:38 am - Chunky, MS

Hi,

I have made the choice to have a Gastric Sleeve surgery, however I get zero support from the spouse. I tell him I am doing it for my health and myself. Anyways I am looking for a great surgeon in the Meridian Mississippi area, I can go to Alabama or Louisiana but if my husband is not willing to drive me there, it will make it easier to find one in Mississippi. I have not seen any doctor or my weight issue however they have known for a long long time that I have fought the weight problem as well as high blood pressure, thyroid problems, super high triglyceride problems and sleep apnea. Can anyone suggest a physician, I decided not to use my insurance and pay cash because I do not want to wait as long as insurance requires you to wait before surgery. I would love to start my new life this year. Thanks in advance.

Brandi O.
on 5/6/14 5:26 pm - TX
RNY on 05/13/13 with

I can't recommend a surgeon in that area but I wanted to address your comment about your support system.  Do you have the support of any loved ones or friends?  If not... Please, please, please reconsider going on this journey without your spouse's support.  Yes, it is most definitely for your health and ultimately your decision.  But this is one of the biggest decisions and hardest processes you may ever encounter.  It is physically, emotionally, and can be financially taxing.  Trust me when I tell you that there will be plenty of people who will criticize your choice and you will want your spouse to be the one person to back you up.   Message boards will only get you so far.  When you're hurting inside and out, and trust me - you will - you're going to want him to be sympathetic and compassionate.  Not angry and dissociative.  Make sure you have one champion in your corner that will be there for you no matter what and I hope it's your spouse.  Good luck!!

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1301 views