Dr. Christou Montreal Canada

Bonbon62
on 5/6/14 12:45 pm - Canada

Hi, can anyone tell me their experiences with Dr. Christou from Montreal.  I hear that he is a great doctor.  Loved to hear your stories and experiences. 

Member Services
on 5/6/14 11:15 pm - Irvine, CA

Hello Bonbon62,

Congratulations on the start of your journey    Here is a link to Dr. Christou's profile and reviews.  

Nicolas V. Christou, M.D. Bariatric Surgeon - ObesityHelp   Nicolas V. Christou Bariatric Surgeon M.D.. Write Review ... DrChristou is very soft spoken, cool and confident. I felt very much at ease with him. He answered a  ... www.obesityhelp.com/profiles/bariatric-surgeon/dr-nicolas-v-christou/

If you need any further assistance let us know at [email protected]

Keep us posted!

Jiliana2
on 5/7/14 12:19 am - Ottawa, Canada
VSG on 02/03/14

While I am from Ottawa, back in 2008 I was going to McGill in MTL for infertility treatments. I was overweight back then as well (as for all of my life) and my infertility doctor said, "You really should lose weight before we try invitro fertilization. I recommend Nick Christou," and he gave me Dr. Christou's coordinates. My reply to the infertility doc was that I might be overweight, but I had NO comorbidities and I was 38 years old... I simply didn't have time to do weight loss surgery, wait two years, and then do fertility treatments... my eggs were already old! We went ahead with the IVF with me at 280 lbs. I gained 9 pounds in pregnancy and breezed right through it, even having a vaginal birth. A lot of people believe overweight women can't/shouldn't have vaginal births. Yeah, I told them where to stick that thought!

Anyway, the infertility doc had put the bug in my head about WLS and I did some research. My info showed that Dr. Christou is absolutely spectacular and is a very skilled, knowledgeable surgeon. Had I been able to do WLS back then, I would have probably gone straight to Dr. Christou's office the same day. That was back in 2008. Fast forward to 2011, Hubby and I wanted to think about baby number two, but I still wanted WLS. We started the process for #2... but in October 2012, we backed out at the last minute for a multitude of reasons. It was finally time to focus on me and my health, and I was going to call Dr. Christou, but by then, I had learned that Ontario had the Bariatric Registry and I didn't need to travel to MTL for WLS. I went through the process here in Ontario instead.

Had I been in MTL, I would have jumped at the chance to have Dr. Christou. From all reports, he is definitely one of the best.

OTTAWA -- 2011 - Contemplated WLS Feb. 15, 2013 - GP Feb. 20 - lung functioning Feb. 22 - blood work Feb. 27 - Referral April 19 - orientation, bloodwork July 10 - nurse July 23 - rheumatologist (VSG) Sept. 12 - Behaviourist & Dietician Oct. 23 - Echocardiogram Nov. 6 - Pre-surgery Class Nov. 12 - Surgeon Jan 13, 2014 - Optifast (3 wks) Jan. 27 - PATTS Feb. 3, 2014 - Surgery (VSG)
HEIGHT: 5'5" HW
303 Pre-Opti 297 SW 271 GW 170 CW 200 (Feb. 8, 2018 - damn the regain!) VSG with Dr. Yelle

Bonbon62
on 5/13/14 9:25 am - Canada

Hi Jiliana2, thank you for the great post.  Sorry for the delay.  Had a great start to weight loss since last week, one week of flu....lol. I have heard great things about Dr. Christou and did meet him personally.    I am scheduled for June 10 and am very nervous and anxious.  I hope you can continue to share your story with me and provide any advice that you can pass on.  thank you again, xo

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1342 views