Frozen in weight

kimikim
on 5/6/14 1:01 pm - rockford, IL

I seem to be stick in space!!  I will be approaching my 2 year surgery anniversary.  thus far I have lost only about 150 pounds and I am now stalled!  What is the matter?  It is highly discouraging to see others reach their goal already and I still have at least another 100 pounds to go.  So toss those ideas and suggestions to me.  I have no idea what is the issue.

Chilipepper
on 5/6/14 2:11 pm

In the other post you were asking about bread. You need to start charting your daily food intake and make the adjustments needed. If you aren't sure what your daily totals should be, you should call your surgeon and get them to tell you what you should be eating. How much protein and carbs along with calories. 

"The first thing I do in the morning is brush my teeth and sharpen my tongue." --- Dorothy Parker  

"You may not like what I say or how I say it, but it may be just exactly what you need to hear." ---Kathryn White

kathkeb
on 5/6/14 2:37 pm

You don't say which surgery you had, but 84 pounds lost in 2 years with such a high starting weight does seem low.

What does your surgeon say?  Do you have regular follow up appointments???

regarding your question about eating bread, it is difficult with my Realize Band .. And I can tolerate a small amount of toasted, whole grain bread occasionally.

However, it is rare to see people eating high carb items like bread before they are in maintenance.

Kath

Kate -True Brit
on 5/6/14 6:26 pm - UK

Kath, her ticker says 84 but her post says 150! A very good loss!

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

kimikim
on 5/7/14 5:59 am - rockford, IL

I am sorry I did not update my ticker.  It has been 2 years and my loss is 150. (I think) currently.  However as I mentioned I really am kinda sad that I am not at goal weight already.  I still have 180 to go.  

I had my operation in Vegas and I live in Illinois, so regular followups were not in the picture.  I do have a family Doc, who is a fantastic physician, but weight loss is not his specialty.  I have requested a copy of my records and I will investigate WLS doctors in the area.  

Thank you for taking the time to respond!!  

- Kimberly

Kate -True Brit
on 5/6/14 6:29 pm, edited 5/6/14 6:30 pm - UK

On May 6, 2014 at 8:01 PM Pacific Time, kimikim wrote:

I seem to be stick in space!!  I will be approaching my 2 year surgery anniversary.  thus far I have lost only about 150 pounds and I am now stalled!  What is the matter?  It is highly discouraging to see others reach their goal already and I still have at least another 100 pounds to go.  So toss those ideas and suggestions to me.  I have no idea what is the issue.

It would be useful to know which surgery you had and also whether you have lst 150lbs as per your post or 84 as per your ticker.

if it is the 150, you have done really well. Everyone stalls sometimes but if you keep on eating fewer calories than  you burn, weight loss will start again. Most people find the lighter they get, the slower the loss. 

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

frisco
on 5/6/14 8:51 pm

Just doing a little math......

Starting weight 520lbs. with a 150lbs. loss = 370lbs. current weight.

Your WL has slowed/stalled at 2 years

My guess is that your eating to much regardless of what surgery you had.

You need to get back to a significant caloric deficit.

Maybe try reducing your calories by 400-500 for 2 solid weeks and you may find out the answer.

You have lost 150lbs. you know what's up.... just time to re-group and adjust.

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

kimikim
on 5/7/14 6:03 am - rockford, IL

I felt I might need to start over with liquids, but I was also asked by a friend who had WLS, that the length of a certain "tube" so to speak or digestive bit would also go a long way in determining the amount of weight I will be able to loose.  

Thus, yes I have name another call to my physician to find out what I can and get another copy of my records.

I am currently holding a pity party! lol

Thnks - Kimberly

nativeprincess35
on 5/7/14 6:31 am

I suppose a lot also has to depend on the kind of surgery you had and what your surgeon suggested as your post op goal.   I was a bigger gal too.  I was over 500 at one point but it was never documented because my clinic at the time had no way of weighing me.   I say I was over 500 because the clinic at the time had scales that weighed to 250 lbs and with an added "weight" it could weigh to 300 lbs.  They put two scales side by side to try and get my weight.  It still didn't work.  So what my actual highest was...is a total guess.   My surgery was a vertical banded gastroplasty way back in 2000.  My surgeon said that considering what I weighed in high school and being athletic, how much I gained and the surgery i was having that post weight loss and all cosmetic surgeries to look to be around 270 lbs.   I graduated high school at 240...so I would be ecstatic with 270.   I have been at a stall in my weight loss for 10 yrs.  I can no longer exercise because of health issues...so I have started the process of a pannelectomy to help get me back to being active.

So...where I am going with this is to check with your WLS.  If you can't get a hold of them try another surgeon.  

Best of luck!

Michelle

Most Active