Insurance/Doctor Help UTAH

BrigitteKSickofbeingfat
on 5/7/14 4:51 am - Payson, UT

Hi,

I have Select Health in Utah and they claim they will not cover any weight loss surgery at all when I call customer support. My employer offers Altius Health and our open enrollment is now. I callled and they too said it would not be covered if i join. I have heard there are some doctors that can get the surgery covered. Can anyone recommend a doctor or new insurance company in Utah.

Thank You,

Brigitte

Carl S.
on 5/7/14 7:36 am
with

Have you tried Aetna, Humana, Cigna, Health Net? If you're low income then anything medicare / medicaid.

clr055
on 5/9/14 8:34 am - Lewisville, ID

If the weight loss surgery is completely on the list of services not covered no doctor is going to get around that. My insurance company has it on the no list but right after it says that it says unless it is deemed medically necessary by a physician and you have a BMI over 40 with a comorbid condition (high blood pressure, diabetes). So I have submitted for approval. You can find this information in the plan details, usually at the back where they list everything they won't cover. I am on Blue Cross of Idaho. Also, it probably isn't the company necessarily that does not cover it but the plan level. Good luck!

Most Active