No Weight Loss

meeshesq
on 5/7/14 7:07 am

I had sleeve surgery 4/7/14 and lost 12 lbs that first week. I haven't lost anything since. I just hit my 1 month and am getting frustrated and depressed about the lack of loss. I count my calories and work out, but there hasn't been a budge. My measurements have changed but it's just not enough. Did anyone else have this problem and how long did it take your body to budge?

Alma_Barillas
on 5/7/14 9:04 am
RNY on 12/20/13

Theirs Weeks That I Stall and I Get your Frustration :(

The Best Is Yet To Come

Kate -True Brit
on 5/7/14 11:52 am - UK

Does anyone experience a stall early on? Well, yes! Many, many people. Use the search function to look up three week stall, early stall, one month stall to read the hundreds of threads and replies. 

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

meeshesq
on 5/7/14 12:06 pm

Kate most people talk about how they lost before the stall. I really haven't lost at all so it's not the same thing as the 3 week stall.

Kate -True Brit
on 5/7/14 12:10 pm - UK

Sorry, I misread. Thought you had lost 12lbs. Which I agree is not much after surgery but it's not that uncommon either. Basically, what I am saying us, don't worry! If you are eating as per medical instructions, the weight will come off. Sometime!!  It has to; the body needs to get energy from somewhere and if it isn't coming from from, it has to come from fat. 

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

meeshesq
on 5/7/14 12:13 pm

I lost the 12 right after surgery, so nothing since I've been released from the hospital! Thanks for the words of confidence. You are right, the body is gonna need to get energy from somewhere.... I will make sure I get my protein in and hopefully that will help.

Cindy B.
on 5/7/14 12:32 pm
VSG on 10/22/12

It can be super frustrating after doing something as drastic as having a weight loss surgery, then to have the weight not seem to come off. Be patient with your body. The weight will come off as long as you're following your plan. Make sure you're getting in your protein and fluids. My weight loss would slow when I wasn't getting in enough of both of those things. Remember a 12 pound loss in a week is pretty huge! You might want to look up "glycogen stores" and see how that works. It helped me to understand better what was going on whenever I had slower weight loss. Hang in there! :)

Surgery weight 255     GW 140     CW 128

meeshesq
on 5/7/14 12:52 pm

Thanks for the ideas! I really haven't been thinking about my liquid intake. I will make sure to get that and my protein in. 

Tracy D.
on 5/8/14 12:32 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

I'd need a lot more information about what you're eating in order to give you any good advice or direction.  Can you post for us exactly what you ate for the last few days so we can get a grip on calories/carbs/protein, etc.?  

Thanks!  

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

Wisdom Hunter
on 5/11/14 9:56 am
VSG on 04/21/14

I'm in the exact same boat and i'm almost 3 weeks out.  I've lost even less, 7 pounds!  And, I actually feel bloated as I'm diligent about my water and protein.  HOWEVER, I am thrilled to be on this side of the surgery and I have to believe that it would be virtually impossible for me to be the only person not to lose after a VSG!  Took me years to get this way, I'll give it a few months.  I am really anxious to get back to my paleo habits, I do not like all the overly sugary taste of sugar-free anything and am not a big dairy gal.  I'm going to post what is a relatively typical day now that I'm on puree (for the next 3 weeks!).  Exercise is no less than 45 mins on the treadmill but started going up and down to 20 degree angles - thighs are killing me (hate watching but it's there - 300 cals).  I feel AWESOME - even with a measely 7 pounds; went back to work pretty quickly, managing dinners out with family and friendss - amazing where you can get broth served.

Everyone say a little prayer that I start to see some movement, I'm patient but not a saint lol!  Calories on the left Protein on the right, nothing over 4g sugar or carbs, not a fan.

110 carnivore 30
80 cott cheese 18
110 egg (1) 10
70 broth 10
240 chii - 25g
water
615 Subtotal 92
Most Active