Ready for this Journey....Any pointers or tips for Moral Support??

April_Benee
on 5/7/14 5:37 pm

My Gastric Sleeve was done April 29, 2014. I've already lost 18 lbs as of May 5, 2014. I'm grateful I allowed life to happen and refused to be hesitant. I shall keep you all posted as this BBW attempts this emotional rollercoaster ride!! Any suggestions on good low fat, no sugar beverages? Thanks.

MsBatt
on 5/7/14 11:37 pm

I'm a Southern girl, and I drin****d tea, sweetened with Splenda, all day long.

cjonsite
on 5/8/14 12:21 am

Water with lime an ginger....yumo!   

Tracy D.
on 5/8/14 12:28 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

Water, water, water...it's the best thing for your body.  You wouldn't wash your car in Crystal Light, would you?  Try to transition as much as you can to clear, cool, pure water.  

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

April_Benee
on 5/16/14 6:32 pm

Thank you!!

Racewalker48
on 5/8/14 1:36 am
RNY on 02/17/14

Congratulations!  Water flavored with Crystal Light works for me when pure water is just too pure.  No calories and you can make it as sweet as you want.  I found the liquid version which makes controlling the flavor easier.  Also, I drink ho****er with lemon, decaf earl grey tea, and have stocked up on Teavana flavored herbal teas (they are a little pricey). All are fat free, virtually caffeine and sugar free. 

April_Benee
on 5/16/14 6:34 pm

Thank you!!

Mary_SC
on 5/9/14 1:54 am

I agree with most of those who have replied - tea with an artificial sweetener or the sugar free Crystal Light flavors are still my go to drinks (sorry, plain water is just not something everyone enjoys).  Also, the carnation instant breakfast (sugar free version) was my go to drink especially in the first six months after surgery.  I just used skim milk and watered it down a little bit more so you get the extra protein and vitamins and you're basically drinking chocolate milk.  Good luck on your journey - it's not always easy but so worth it.

April_Benee
on 5/9/14 2:34 am

Thank you everyone for your advice!! This is wonderful!!! Okay, I see I need to drink MORE water!! I've been drinking gatorade while diluting it with ice. Okay, the decaf teas sound good.....Crystal light, huh? Okay, okay......Thanks you guys!!! What a great community to be a part of!!

Most Active