Bad news

melody S.
on 5/8/14 12:33 am - Morgantown, WV

After weeks of chasing down the woman at my WLS docs office who I needed to speak to about when I can have my surgery, I finally got hold of her yesterday. Which is the only good news I got. She told me that they hadn't received my psych eval letter until last week (I had it done on 12 December, 2013), and since it took so long, my supervised weight loss is out of date. Which means that I have to go through another full year before I can have my surgery. I was afraid that I would have to restart, so I restarted in February. That means I can't have surgery until January at the earliest, unless I have to redo all the evaluations again. I'm feeling pretty frustrated.

Tracy D.
on 5/8/14 12:37 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

That totally and completely SUCKS!  I would be calling up whoever did your psych eval and be reading them the riot act 

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

melody S.
on 5/8/14 12:43 am - Morgantown, WV

I was told the p-doc I saw left the practice a few weeks after doing my eval, but that doesn't explain why the letter wasn't sent in the weeks before. I honestly don't know if they buggered it up, or if the problem is on the surgeon's side. If it weren't for the fact that the next nearest WLS surgeon is in the next state, I'd switch docs. But I can't. I *will* have this surgery.

Mo Diggity
on 5/8/14 1:47 am - poughkeepsie, NY
RNY on 07/03/13

Wow that SUCKS !! There's no way you can be an exception to the rule, since it wasn't your fault that they delayed the psych eval ?? Totally unfair

Maureen Tired of Living my Life in the Dark

ladygodiva1228
on 5/8/14 2:12 am - Putnam, CT
Revision on 02/04/15

Who exactly is telling you the supervised weight loss is out of date?  The doctor's office or your insurance?

Dr. Sanchez Lapband 9/12/2003
hw305/revision w280/cw197/gw150

Revision from Lap Band to Bypass on 2/4/2015 by Dr. Pohl

melody S.
on 5/8/14 2:18 am - Morgantown, WV

The doctor's office.

ladygodiva1228
on 5/8/14 2:31 am - Putnam, CT
Revision on 02/04/15

I would make a big stink about this as it was not your fault. 

I would make sure the surgeon knew that you did everything that you were supposed to in the correct time frame  and that someone dropped the ball and did not get the information over to them in a timely manner.  I have to wonder if someone at the doctor's office didn't do their job and contact the other office for the pysch eval.

If that doesn't work I would contact the board of health in your state and let them know of the issue.  You should not have to do everything over again.

Dr. Sanchez Lapband 9/12/2003
hw305/revision w280/cw197/gw150

Revision from Lap Band to Bypass on 2/4/2015 by Dr. Pohl

burghblonde
on 5/8/14 2:23 am
RNY on 05/12/14

You are not very far from Pittsburgh where some of the best doctors are. Have you considered going there? I am nearly 90 minutes outside the city but it was all worth it. If you must change it might be worth looking into.

I would fight with whomever is telling you that your are out of range now. I mean, if you have met all of the requirements concurrent to your eval, then I wouldn't think it would be an issue as long as you talk to the right people.

So sorry you are going through all of these setbacks. :(

Never Sell Out On Your Heart 

~ Heather~

melody S.
on 5/8/14 3:14 am - Morgantown, WV

I would go to Pittsburgh in a heartbeat if my insurance would cover it, and i had the transportation to get there. Unfortunately, I don't drive. Which, believe me, is a very big pain in the posterior!

VSG_VET
on 5/8/14 2:35 am

This type of BS the very reason why I follow up with everybody involved after each step. It hasn't stopped them from screwing up but it has minimized the damage because I caught in time. Good luck to you. I've decided that the best way to look at it is that I will still be losing weight that I would never have been able to otherwise, no matter when I get the sleeve.

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1476 views