Divorce

larsen626
on 5/8/14 9:20 am

okay I do not want to become statistic but  I can not shake the overwhelming urge to get a divorce my husband has been strong and has been afraid I would find someone else I do not want anyone else I have put up with a lot of disrespect from his kids and grand kids I am tired of the fight and I cant stand that he does not stand up for me now I know that I am opinionated and somewhat hard to deal with but I get very tired of it I am tired of my life not being my own not having my own car and some freedom am I loosing my mind please help me 

huskergalWsD
on 5/8/14 1:07 pm

I would seek therapy.but I know what you are sayin.. stay strong PeaceV Wendy

7stents (2003)...Heart Attack(2004)...Open Heart (2004)....Wls (2007)...Heart attack 2012...1 stent (2012)...Heart Attack (2013)...Heart Attack (2013)...1 stent(2013)
~~~Best Vitamin For Making Friends  B1~~~

MickeyDee
on 5/8/14 6:42 pm

Maybe a strong, calm talk with him, along with your pastor?  All too often, men simply ignore the reasons for unhappiness in a marriage until it's pointed out in exact terms.  If that doesn't work, then maybe divorce is the only answer, but first give him the opportunity to try to change.

Laura in Texas
on 5/8/14 8:19 pm

Well, since you just created your account before you posted, we do not know what part of your journey you are on. If you are still losing or just recently got to goal, adjusting to the changes can be tough for both sides.

I am sorry you are in a bad situation. The practical side of me wonders how you would support yourself if you do not even have a car. Get your ducks in a row so you can take care of yourself before making any big decisions.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 5/8/14 10:57 pm - OH

Ditto what Laura said.  It also sounds like counseling (individual counseling for you and/or couples counseling) would be very beneficial.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Most Active