Non-Gray Sheet OA mtgs in MA.

Capegin
on 5/8/14 7:04 am

Hi,

My therapist seemed to think a non-gray sheet OA meeting might be a good fit for me.  Does anyone know of any in the Burlington, MA area? I looked on the OA website, and there was no indication one way or another.  Is it OK to call and ask?

Thanks!

kathkeb
on 5/8/14 11:46 am

Sure, it can't hurt to call or even to go to ameeting, and if it is a gray sheet group, you should be able to get info about other meetings.

You could also start with on line meetings at www.therecoverygroup.org

Kath

Tracy D.
on 5/9/14 3:10 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

Kathy - I just double-checked and OA as an organization doesn't use the gray sheet anymore.   Your therapist has some really old information.  

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

MAchick
on 5/8/14 1:07 pm
VSG on 01/27/14

What is a non-gray sheet meeting? 

kathkeb
on 5/8/14 2:18 pm

As I understand it, "gray sheet" is a plan of eating that was first printed on gray paper.... Very strict guidelines of what to eat and when.

Some meetings are theme based, and I think the original 

Poster is looking for a local, face to face meeting that does not prescribe to gray sheet or any particular eating plan.

Kath

Tracy D.
on 5/9/14 3:09 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

I didn't even know there was such a thing as "gray sheet OA meetings" anymore!  We don't have any of those here in the Omaha, NE area.  Most of the old gray sheeters peeled off years ago and now go to FAA (food addicts anonymous).   They have a very strict food plan that I would never be able to hang with.  In OA everyone gets to figure out their own food plan with their sponsor, etc.  

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

Most Active