over salivating & then feeling like you will throw up

Jenny S.
on 5/9/14 12:42 am

I am 1 year & 3 months out from surgery & lately I have this overwhelming over salivating & feeling like I might throw up like when you get seasick.  I also feel like there is something stuck in my throat.  Kind of how you feel after you don't drink enough water when you take pills.  I take my PPI regularly without fail & this is happening lots of times in the morning after waking up from a full nights rest & the use of my c pap.  Anyone have this problem?  Yesterday it happened when I was with a friend & I had to make her pull over so I could vomit.   Its kinda freaking me out.  It Is not from eating too much or from not chewing enough.  What is it?  

cjonsite
on 5/9/14 12:50 am

Welcome to "the foamies".....I still get it when things aren't chewed up enough and they get stuck. (surgery 2006)....not unusual.  Some foods are more difficult than other to chew correctly.  Jus****ch and see what seems to trigger it for you.

Jenny S.
on 5/9/14 1:12 am

Can foamies happen in the morning?  I had not eaten since the night before at 9 pm & I woke up feeling this way at 6:30,

5' 2" 272 age 41

Sandy M.
on 5/9/14 1:35 am - Detroit Lakes, MN
Revision on 05/08/13

I suggest getting it checked out - don't know what kind of surgery you had, but you should see about perhaps getting an Upper GI to check it out.  A hiatal hernia caused those symptoms for me, although it was generally while eating.

Height 5'4"  HW:223 Lap band 2006, revised to Sleeve 5/8/2013, SW:196

56sunShine14
on 5/9/14 3:53 am

What type of surgery did you have?  Sounds like the lap band.  Either way, when you are over salivating, it is the precursor to vomiting.  But, sometimes all you get is foamies because whatever you are stuck on isn't ready to come up yet.  But yes, you should ask your doctor as it could be hiatal hernia.

MickeyDee
on 5/11/14 7:21 am

You might either have a stricture (which is easily fixed by your surgeon or PCP) or you might need to simply take some warm drink to relax your esophagus in the morning before eating.